BCD Advice Please.

What do you have and why? Looking to buy some equipment but got some question? Post here.

BCD Advice Please.

Postby Buster2 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice. I am in the market for a new BCD and looking at the Atlantis Icon or Sherwood Silhouette. Would appreciate any personal experience with either of these or what people think would be most suitable, or maybe they are similar just personal preference?

I have been diving for 25 years but would only do 15-20 dives a year on average. Would be 75% hunting i.e. crabs, scallops and 25% fun diving. Not into bells and whistles, after something simple that will do the job and last a reasonable amount of time. Have looked into integrated weight BCD's but I don't feel that is for me and happy to stick with weight belt. I know these are not high end BCD's but they suit my current budget. Dive mainly around Taranaki and the far north.

Thanks,

Jason.
Buster2

Re: BCD Advice Please.

Postby Ali Perkins » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:35 pm

You could consider a backplate/wing setup. Keep it simple.
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Re: BCD Advice Please.

Postby Buster2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 pm

I did get shown a wing set up but at $1500 I said thanks but no thanks. I have multiple activities plus two kids so definitely a standard BCD for me!
Buster2

Return to BCDs, BP/Ws & Regs