Different Regs

What do you have and why? Looking to buy some equipment but got some question? Post here.

Re: Different Regs

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 pm

NEMES1S wrote:Not going to go too far into it but I have seen what happens to Cressi regs and Aqualung regs that have been in the rental bin for a while and taken some typical customer abuse*...The Aqualung Titans were older and still on top.

*Customer abuse (Bashed on rocks,tanks dropped on them,dragged tank around by second stage,tank lifted by yoke,dragged along the bottom in silt,left in the tidal zone and wash filled them with sand or pebbles,thrown in back of a Ute or 4x4....etc etc) Its amazing how people treat things when they arent theirs.. :roll:

Reckon there should be a "you damage it, you own it" proviso on all rental gear, Nem?? Would that lead to LDS having to prove damage by rentor ??( is that a word)
Sometimes I think I understand EVERYTHING ---- then I regain consciousness
ChrisB

Postby NEMES1S » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm

ChrisB wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:Not going to go too far into it but I have seen what happens to Cressi regs and Aqualung regs that have been in the rental bin for a while and taken some typical customer abuse*...The Aqualung Titans were older and still on top.

*Customer abuse (Bashed on rocks,tanks dropped on them,dragged tank around by second stage,tank lifted by yoke,dragged along the bottom in silt,left in the tidal zone and wash filled them with sand or pebbles,thrown in back of a Ute or 4x4....etc etc) Its amazing how people treat things when they arent theirs.. :roll:

Reckon there should be a "you damage it, you own it" proviso on all rental gear, Nem?? Would that lead to LDS having to prove damage by rentor ??( is that a word)

Sadly its much later you find out that they have been abused,I remember one Octi that when I lifted it half the south coast fell out of the exhaust tee,I have also (before I owned my own regs) had a mouth-full of south coast dark sand,beats flossing I guess but not really ideal for breathing.
Anything really bad and it would be noted and the "rentor" would be asked if he damaged the unit...(typically followed by: ) "Nah...it was like that" :roll:

But hey its just the same as everything that gets rented,on the pro side there are others like most on here, and myself, that take other peoples dive equipment whether its a mates or on loan from a shop that will look after it better than they would their own.... :)
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby binklebonk » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 am

ChrisB wrote:Reckon there should be a "you damage it, you own it" proviso on all rental gear, Nem?? Would that lead to LDS having to prove damage by rentor ??( is that a word)

And just for some balance..

I would like a minutes silence for all the poor bastards out there who have had a dive ruined by poorly maintained rental gear. :roll:
binklebonk

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 pm

I think the Cressi servicing issue came up in a thread a few months or even a year ago.... I rasied my doubts about servicing of Cressi gear, and someone made the point that there is a Cressi service tech at Global.
Andy
Serial Poster

Previous

Return to BCDs, BP/Ws & Regs