Reg servicing

What do you have and why? Looking to buy some equipment but got some question? Post here.

Postby Hybrid » Tue May 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Space Kat (=^.^=) wrote:Every single piece of kit I have had "Professionally" serviced has failed first time out.. I have vowed to never pay for reg servicing again and instead be better informed and do the job myself (used to be a motor mechanic so have a bit of nowse in that direction).

But parts are the issue.. it seems the SCUBA industry is extremely negligent when it comes to making parts available so you HAVE to go through a service agent.. this is something that is VERY WRONG in this industry and it must be corrected. I allege that it is more negligent to refuse access to necessary parts than it is to allow the sale of necessary parts to unqualified service technicians. At the end of the day it comes down to individual responsibility.

I can walk into Repco and buy brake pads for my car without being a qualified trade person so why can't I buy replacement seats and o-rings for a simple scuba regulator.

This brings me to my next question - can anyone get ahold of a service kit for a Mares MR12 !!!??

I reckon there is a lot of 'not so good' reg service people out there. Who view it as something they have to do as part of their business.

What parts do you need for your Mares MR12 - you might find that many of the oring are commonly found. If its seats, and filters etc, then...er...I hope some one can point you in the right direction.

You could try these guys.
[url]
http://www.deepstop.de/catalog/default. ... bq959hggv0[/url]

They sell Apeks service kits, and sell Mares - I didn't see service kits for the Mares, but they might be able to get them in for you.
Hybrid

Postby Space Kat (=^.^=) » Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Hybrid wrote:I reckon there is a lot of 'not so good' reg service people out there. Who view it as something they have to do as part of their business.

What parts do you need for your Mares MR12 - you might find that many of the oring are commonly found. If its seats, and filters etc, then...er...I hope some one can point you in the right direction.

You could try these guys.
[url]
http://www.deepstop.de/catalog/default. ... bq959hggv0[/url]

They sell Apeks service kits, and sell Mares - I didn't see service kits for the Mares, but they might be able to get them in for you.

Awesome dude I'll check em out, cheers for that!!
Space Kat (=^.^=)

Postby diveclass-101 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Space Kat (=^.^=) wrote:This brings me to my next question - can anyone get ahold of a service kit for a Mares MR12 !!!??

I can put my hands on a kit. Or better Yet I can service the regs for you. I do it for a living.
Oh and also our shop charges $60 plus parts so it's usually approx $120 - $150.

(Although I have had to tell one guy that his service cost $350.)

However if you have a computer it can cost more. especially if it's an Alladin Computer.
Non ut edam vivo, sed vivam edo.
I do not live to eat, but eat to live.
- Quintilianus, Instituitio oratoria
diveclass-101

Postby Space Kat (=^.^=) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 am

That's cool DC, thanks for the offer I bit the bullet and got it serviced at my LDS in the end - but next time I will come look for you :D :D
Space Kat (=^.^=)

Re: Reg servicing

Postby 3RNZIR » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 pm

I see on the zeagle agent website that he has reg/bc/octi service kits ready to go at around $38 per kit.Seems reasonable.May go this route when tooling up with regs for my sons or another brand that sells reg specific kits.
Peace:Via superior firepower.
3RNZIR

Re: Reg servicing

Postby NEMES1S » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:21 pm

3RNZIR wrote:I see on the zeagle agent website that he has reg/bc/octi service kits ready to go at around $38 per kit.Seems reasonable.May go this route when tooling up with regs for my sons or another brand that sells reg specific kits.

Just random information here but from what I can gather Zeagle and APEKs had a deal going where APEKs made kick a*** reg's for Zeagle and Zeagle made kick a*** BCs for APEKs....so yeah Zeagle regs are or were built/designed by APEKs... Zeagle= Awesome BCs APEKs= Awesome regs... great deal for both...

I have recently dealt with Mark the NZ Zeagle rep and he is a bloody top bloke.. :D
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Previous

Return to BCDs, BP/Ws & Regs