Halcyon Infinity System

What do you have and why? Looking to buy some equipment but got some question? Post here.

Re: Halcyon Infinity System

Postby Cameron_R » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:12 am

Cool, thanks Andy - this one helped with my facination/curiosity
http://www.halcyon.net/node/267
Looks like a very nifty little device.

I am coming home this weekend - for good!!!! :mrgreen: My time in sunny Wellington comes to an end on Friday :cry:

But can't come to Jones with everyone sorry. We have a celebratory trip to the Knights planned :D
I'll have to check one of the set's out soon. Despite my persistant (and probably annoying) facination with comparing it to other brands, it looks pretty cool.

Cameron
Cameron_R

Postby Jamie O » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 am

Don't worry about missing Jones Bay Cam; the boat you are on at the Knights this weekend has an infinity system available for customers to play with. You can write a review for the forum on Monday.
Jamie O

Postby Cameron_R » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Saweet :D
Will do !
Cameron_R

Postby ChrisB » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Jamie O wrote:Don't worry about missing Jones Bay Cam; the boat you are on at the Knights this weekend has an infinity system available for customers to play with. You can write a review for the forum on Monday.

Cool - that will save me from having to do it :lol:
Sometimes I think I understand EVERYTHING ---- then I regain consciousness
ChrisB

Postby Cameron_R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 pm

So I got my grubby little hands on the Infinity System yesterday, and had a good look at it over the course of the weekend.

First impression; Is that all it is? I was expecting something more complicated.

The "System" is basically stock Halcyon bits, with the cinch plate added. The cinch plate is just a weird plastic piece that goes on the back of the bottom of your backplate and controls the movement or locking of the harness. You could choose to have the padding (shoulder strap, and backplate padding) removed if you are so inclined, and you could choose a bigger/different wing. As long as you have the cinch, the backplate and the harness, you've got the guts of it.

Before I used it, I had the impression that it certainly looked more comfortable than standard bare bones BP/W harness systems. It looked streamlined.

Putting it on was simple. Yes the cinch works as easily as the cheesy videos show. It felt like any well fitting harness should - comfortable, like you are not really wearing anything.

In the water it was fine - no criticisms at all. I hardly noticed any difference from my personal rig which means that it is simple enough for me to use confidently first time.

Getting out of it was literally a 2 sec job. Un-buckle the waist strap, push the shoulder straps ... you're out.

All in all, a very nifty product.
Cameron_R

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Cameron_R wrote:All in all, a very nifty product.

Ah, but I note that you haven't made any comment about it being modelled (or not) on the Transpac concept?? :lol: :lol:
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby ChrisB » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Cameron_R wrote:So I got my grubby little hands on the Infinity System yesterday, and had a good look at it over the course of the weekend.

First impression; Is that all it is? I was expecting something more complicated.

The "System" is basically stock Halcyon bits, with the cinch plate added. The cinch plate is just a weird plastic piece that goes on the back of the bottom of your backplate and controls the movement or locking of the harness. You could choose to have the padding (shoulder strap, and backplate padding) removed if you are so inclined, and you could choose a bigger/different wing. As long as you have the cinch, the backplate and the harness, you've got the guts of it.

Before I used it, I had the impression that it certainly looked more comfortable than standard bare bones BP/W harness systems. It looked streamlined.

Putting it on was simple. Yes the cinch works as easily as the cheesy videos show. It felt like any well fitting harness should - comfortable, like you are not really wearing anything.

In the water it was fine - no criticisms at all. I hardly noticed any difference from my personal rig which means that it is simple enough for me to use confidently first time.

Getting out of it was literally a 2 sec job. Un-buckle the waist strap, push the shoulder straps ... you're out.

All in all, a very nifty product.

As an owner of this Infinity... possibly (so I'm told) the first owner in NZ... I'd like to say i found it very comfortable while out of the water, didn't feel like the webbing was cutting into my shoulder while carrying it to the waters edge. In the water i found it as comfortable as the standard rig, although on the first dive it was not very easy to adjust. Discovered once out that i had the straps twisted inside each other (so of course it wouldn't adjust !!).

The concept is soo simple it really is a Doh! moment why nobody has developed it earlier. So am i happy with it?? Yes. Now all i need to do is balance my weighting a bit more and i'll be much happier overall. Would i recommend it?? Simple - Yes. So go get it
Sometimes I think I understand EVERYTHING ---- then I regain consciousness
ChrisB

Previous

Return to BCDs, BP/Ws & Regs