DRYSUITSdirect MIDWINTER MADNESS SALE

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

DRYSUITSdirect MIDWINTER MADNESS SALE

Postby petemes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Xav,

I hope this is appropriate to give all SDNZ members a heads up!!

If anyone is keen to get one heck of a drysuit deal look at the "Diving Deals" section. strictly for a limited time. I have gone madddddddd!!!!!
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Re: DRYSUITSdirect MIDWINTER MADNESS SALE

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:39 pm

That's a pretty good deal you've got there, Pete!! Might be taking advantage of it for the better half!!
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby petemes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:05 pm

Andy wrote:That's a pretty good deal you've got there, Pete!! Might be taking advantage of it for the better half!!

MIDNIGHHHHHHHT SUNDAY.............
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby DiveDiva » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:41 pm

:!: The man really HAS gone mad :!: :lol:
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Milky » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Heyya Pete,

I just cameback from testing out my new lovely Trilaminate BareDrysuit at Lake Pupuke. I was using DUI thinsulate 200gr undergarments and it was toasty warm even at 15 degrees. For some reason, I felt much more comfortable than my old Neoprene 5mm non-compressed drysuit. I didn’t feel any drags at all. Maybe it’s because it was properly made onto my size. The only personal problem I had was that the dump valve was at the shoulder unlike my old one where it was on the cuff/wrist. But I am sure I will get use to it. On my old drysuit, whenever I need to dump the air out, all I need to do was lift my arm, so what about the dump valve on my shoulder? Should I try to make myself vertical or should I be in a standing right-up position? Secondly, is the dump valve automatically dumped any excess air if any? Is there any faster way of dumping the air on the valve such as pushing it rather than turning it?
I had a problem with my Seaquest BC because my bc has one of those SOS safety sausage attach to the dump valve. I think it was accidentally the chord that activate the sausage, was being pulled so I can’t use the bc to inflate either wise the air is gonna go straight to the dump valve and inflate the sausage. It would b funny if somebody like me with 10 yrs of diving experiences were being identified as a stressed diver in Lake Pupuke. So I inflate the drysuit to lift me up on the surface. Fortunately,I think I was underweighted, so not need much air onto the drysuit.
After the dive I was slowly ungearing myself and had few minutes of break, the drysuit was already dry. I know that trilam dry fast but I didn’t know it could dry up so easily and so fast.
Anyway I enjoyed the dive on my new drysuit. Thanks for the deal again.

Satisfied Customer
Alive to Dive
Milky

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 am

Milky wrote:But I am sure I will get use to it. On my old drysuit, whenever I need to dump the air out, all I need to do was lift my arm, so what about the dump valve on my shoulder? Should I try to make myself vertical or should I be in a standing right-up position? Secondly, is the dump valve automatically dumped any excess air if any? Is there any faster way of dumping the air on the valve such as pushing it rather than turning it?

I think Pete is down on the Lermontov for a few more days, so might not respond straight away.

All you need to do to vent air from the shoulder dump is move the valve to the highest position - I tend to do this by lifting my elbow, rolling slightly to the right and coming slightly out of trim. The more you roll or the more you come out of trim, the faster the air will come out. The knack is to let small amounts of air out regularly so you're not needing to let air out in big bursts. How the suit responds also depends on how much air you put in to it.

If you do ascend vertically, you don't really need to do anything - just keep your arm by your side and the valve is pretty close to being the highest point anyway. You've got two options to vent more air, firstly just lift the elbow a little. Secondly, you can raise your whole arm above your head, then squeeze it down against your side which will force air out the valve.

No matter how you're ascending, you can always cause the valve to vent by pushing it down.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby Milky » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:34 am

hey thanks for that input. i did a drysuit speacialty before but then again i was adapting to my old drysuit.

It's pretty good to have a drysuit that u can put on yourself without the need of anyone else to help u out. I was surprised that i was comfortable and no air migrations.

I will practise more in the Lake this week to get used to it.
Alive to Dive
Milky

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits