Drysuit pockets

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

Drysuit pockets

Postby Milky » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 pm

hey all,

On average how many pockets do u guys have on your drysuit? and which types? I have the thigh pockets for left n right with velcro (but i wanna have at least one of them with zipper for my wide angle lens). Can u make your own pockets or buy another pockets that is not for drysuit and have it installed/glued or straps onto your suit?

What is the most # of pockets u have seen in a drysuit before?
Alive to Dive
Milky

Re: Drysuit pockets

Postby Andy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 pm

I've got two pockets on my current suit, both velcro flaps - but I've stitched in loops that I can slip stuff to; having lost stuff before because the velcro came undone. Came with just one pocket, got the other glued on by The Dive Doctor (www.thedivedoctor.co.nz).

New suit - fingers crossed may have arrived today - has two zippered pockets; but will still stitch in the attachment loops as it makes it easy to sort through stuff without losing it.

New pockets no problem - you can buy the pockets and do it yourself, or get the Dive Doctor or Oceandry to do it for you.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby Milky » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Thx for d input,

So if u wanna get your own pocket where do u get them from in Auckland apart from dive repair shops?
Alive to Dive
Milky

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 pm

You can buy Halcyon pockets online, though they don't have zipped pockets;

http://www.extreme-exposure.com/?q=prod ... ccessories

Try the dive shops. The Bare suits have zipped pockets, and you could probably get some pockets from Global Dive.
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits