Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue May 05, 2009 9:48 am

I disagree. I think if your only reason for posting is to boost business for your company or the company you work for you should at least say you work there. Impartial advice is better than biased advice. Wouldnt you agree?
I think your case is different Andy. You dont work for all those businesses. If you recommend someone to go buy something off them you dont get rewarded for it do you?

Tara, Do you know D.I.S ?
User avatar
ChuckyBob
Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: over here.

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby tara » Tue May 05, 2009 10:09 am

not in this case - therefore thanks for their input but i would trust someone i did know for a reference.
User avatar
tara
Dive Mistress
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby binklebonk » Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 am

ChuckyBob wrote:I disagree. I think if your only reason for posting is to boost business for your company or the company you work for you should at least say you work there. Impartial advice is better than biased advice. Wouldnt you agree?
I think your case is different Andy. You dont work for all those businesses. If you recommend someone to go buy something off them you dont get rewarded for it do you?

Tara, Do you know D.I.S ?


Very good points, I think that on a forum of registered users there should be no need for it to be just like the rest of the net, it should be made user friendly, especially for those new to the sport and part of that is making it a bit more obvious the motives behind gear recommendations.. Of course it would be nigh on impossible to make sure that someone has the affiliations they claim or otherwise.. But it is nice when someone is upfront about it. I guess on this forum we have such a relatively small dive community here in NZ that it's not long before you're outed..

I'll add my endorsement to the Dive Doctor (I don't work for them), Damn fine work, just don't send ya suit in if you need it back within a fortnight..
User avatar
binklebonk
Member
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Wellingtron

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Andy » Tue May 05, 2009 11:28 am

ChuckyBob wrote:I disagree. I think if your only reason for posting is to boost business for your company or the company you work for you should at least say you work there. Impartial advice is better than biased advice. Wouldnt you agree?


All advice is inherently biased, such is the nature of advice. It may be biased from self-interest, or it may be biased because of a particular set of experiences or world view. It's still just all biased. For example, I could never give someone advice to buy an OMS product as I think the gear is cr@p. Tara dives an OMS wing, and would give a different piece of advice. Both sets of advice are inherently biased.


ChuckyBob wrote:I think your case is different Andy. You dont work for all those businesses. If you recommend someone to go buy something off them you dont get rewarded for it do you?


No, I don't. But I don't see any difference. You're making huge assumptions about who DIS is and why they are posting, for seemingly not much point. You can have a quest to keep the internet free from commerical interests, or whatever your motivation is. But personally, I think you're pi$$ing in the wind.

I happen to know someone who has the initials D I S, possibly coincidence for sure. But if they are the same person then they don't work for or with the Dive Doctor.
Andy
Serial Poster
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Michelle » Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Just to add a slightly different angle, I took my dry suit into the Dive Doctor on a friday with an unidentified leak, told them that I was diving the following weekend and they called me on Thursday morning to say it was fixed and available to collect (and it was fixed).
I don't know whether delivering and collecting it made a difference, but I had no issues with their timing.
User avatar
Michelle
Member
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue May 05, 2009 1:46 pm

I agree Andy, but there is a big difference in bias because someone owns a product compared to someone trying to sell you a product/ service.
I have nothing at all against someone trying to sell you something through a forum as long as it is clear.

Andy wrote: You're making huge assumptions about who DIS is and why they are posting


No I am not. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. All I said about D.I.S was
I doubt DIS is Dave or Linda.

May work with them though.


Im unsure which of those two statements you consider a huge assumption.
User avatar
ChuckyBob
Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: over here.

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Andy » Tue May 05, 2009 2:42 pm

ChuckyBob wrote:
Andy wrote: You're making huge assumptions about who DIS is and why they are posting


No I am not.


My apologies, I was confusing your posts with GN's claiming that DIS was in fact the Dive Doctor and other posts.
Andy
Serial Poster
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby binklebonk » Tue May 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Andy wrote:
ChuckyBob wrote:
Andy wrote: You're making huge assumptions about who DIS is and why they are posting


No I am not.


My apologies, I was confusing your posts with GN's claiming that DIS was in fact the Dive Doctor and other posts.


Aaah dammit.. I was just gonna make me some popcorn and you have to go apologising.. :roll:
User avatar
binklebonk
Member
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Wellingtron

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Andy » Tue May 05, 2009 3:05 pm

binklebonk wrote:Aaah dammit.. I was just gonna make me some popcorn and you have to go apologising.. :roll:



Sorry. Trying to do too many things at once, and get a bit confused. Still, popcorn sounds like a good plan anyway...?
Andy
Serial Poster
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby binklebonk » Tue May 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Andy wrote:
binklebonk wrote:Aaah dammit.. I was just gonna make me some popcorn and you have to go apologising.. :roll:



Sorry. Trying to do too many things at once, and get a bit confused. Still, popcorn sounds like a good plan anyway...?


Naaa popcorn without a fight to watch while eating it? not the same really.. :lol:
User avatar
binklebonk
Member
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Wellingtron

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby DiveDR » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Would the real Dive DR please stand up !!

Pete M was out a few weeks ago and suggested I check out the new web site, little did I know that when I logged in and looked around the Dive DR was famous. I do work there (declared interest up front) and appreciate the comments both good and bad, we take on board the negative and are working hard to provide better comms as that seems to be the biggest issue.

Cheers

Dive DR
www.divedoctor.co.nz - everything diving
User avatar
DiveDR
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby NEMES1S » Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 am

Ok DiveDr heres a challenge!!! :D :D

I need a zip replacement how quickly can you do it and how much....?
User avatar
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:40 am
Location: South Coast Wellington

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby DiveDR » Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 pm

NEMES1S wrote:Ok DiveDr heres a challenge!!! :D :D

I need a zip replacement how quickly can you do it and how much....?


Starting with the easy one, how quick.....if you need it back for the weekend and can get it on the courier tomorrow so we have it Wednesday should not be a problem. Suggest you use NZ couriers or give me a call on 021 275 4470 and I might be able to pick it up as I am out and about most of tomorrow (Tuesday)

Cost would be betwwen $350-450 depending on the length of the zip (assuming shoulder) and type of suit, however I will need to make sure I have thecorrect length in stock.

Cheers

DD
www.divedoctor.co.nz - everything diving
User avatar
DiveDR
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Andy » Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Dave, I can answer for Rob - it's an Otter Britannic, front zip. Not sure of size of suit, probably a stock XL?

If you decide to go ahead with it being replaced, Rob, rather than get it couriered back to you I'll arrange for it to be picked up - a friend lives not too far away, so it's no hassle and the suit would be here for you for QB weekend.
Andy
Serial Poster
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby DiveDR » Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Andy wrote:Dave, I can answer for Rob - it's an Otter Britannic, front zip. Not sure of size of suit, probably a stock XL?

If you decide to go ahead with it being replaced, Rob, rather than get it couriered back to you I'll arrange for it to be picked up - a friend lives not too far away, so it's no hassle and the suit would be here for you for QB weekend.


I really need to know the length of the zip from stopper to stopper to make sure we have a zip in stock.

DD
www.divedoctor.co.nz - everything diving
User avatar
DiveDR
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron