Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby Euan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 am

Hi,
can anyone recommend somewhere that can replace my drysuit zip? I've been quoted about $600 for a heavy duty zip + labour, which is OK as long as it's done really well. I'm in the S.Island but could mail it anywhere.

Thanks
Euan
Euan

Re: Drysuit Zip resplacement?

Postby tara » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am

who gave you that quote? what brand of suit do you have?

dive doctor up here in auckland does all the work of most of the people that i know of.

http://www.thedivedoctor.co.nz/
Phone (09) 530-8117
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby tara » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 pm

oh fair play .. yes and no.
i had mine back the next day. it depends on how much work they have on at one time.

perhaps ask for an ETA when you talk to them
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby silent solutions » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:57 pm

where in the south island are you,What sort of suit and length of zip do you need?
silent solutions

Postby NEMES1S » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Yeah "Dive Dr" do good work ....but comms and turnover is terrible....wasnt impressed after all I had heard about them... :?
Just got my Drysuit back this morning after a quote of "By Friday" (sent Monday)....2 and a half weeks later...

The thing that really gets me is the "Yes we will call you back in the afternoon" (2 days later and still no call..) and I had that a few times...
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Euan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks all, my local dive shop is taking care of it for me. Sending it to oceandry I think? Not sure on turnaround time, but the suits not much use till it's fixed anyway so wait and see.
Euan

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Oceandry will do a good job on it.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby DIS » Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

NEMES1S wrote:Yeah "Dive Dr" do good work ....but comms and turnover is terrible....wasnt impressed after all I had heard about them... :?
Just got my Drysuit back this morning after a quote of "By Friday" (sent Monday)....2 and a half weeks later...

The thing that really gets me is the "Yes we will call you back in the afternoon" (2 days later and still no call..) and I had that a few times...

Like pete & tara said above do really good work it sounds like you got them during a really busy time.
DIS

Postby gingerninja » Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 pm

DIS wrote:Like pete & tara said above do really good work it sounds like you got them during a really busy time.

Don't you mean "me/us" not "them"? You are the Dive Doctor aren't you?
Willie Apiata is the reason why Osama is hiding.
gingerninja

Postby binklebonk » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Keep on it Ginger.. May I suggest the thumbscrews and hot wax as a starter? :lol:
binklebonk

Postby gingerninja » Mon May 04, 2009 8:41 pm

One day they will admit to it!

There only post on this forum is singing praise for the Dive Doctor, and their only two posts on the sods forum are also signing praise for the Dive Doctor.

I have no problem with commercial interests posting, but they should be upfront about who they are.
Willie Apiata is the reason why Osama is hiding.
gingerninja

Postby binklebonk » Mon May 04, 2009 8:42 pm

I agree.
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 pm

I have had nothing but good service from Dave and Linda the Dive Doctors.

I doubt DIS is Dave or Linda.

May work with them though.

Would be nice to be upfront about it.
ChuckyBob

Postby Andy » Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am

To be honest, the dive industry in NZ is so small that if you work in any part of it you probably know pretty much everyone - certainly you know the "providers" (wholesalers, equipment techs etc).

Asking to declare any "interest" is rather pointless. So for example, I have taught courses for DiveHQ GL, Global Dive and independently. I know people who work for the Halcyon importer, Drysuits Direct, Fourth Element, Mares, Pro Dive, Aquanaut & Multisports. I know (to talk to) both Oceandry and the Dive Doctor. I suggest that some people go to speak to Malcolm at the Dive Centre or Roger at DiveHQ West Auckland. I speak with various charter companies on a fairly regularly basis - D!T, Pacific Hideaway, Oceanblue, Yukon. The list goes on.....

Asking for me to declare any "interest" on any/every post post is nuts. I'm friends with a lot of these people, but at the end of the day it's about opinions. Everyone is welcome to have an opinion, surely?

If you think that the internet is a verfied knowledge source, well. You will have to read what is written, and make your own judgement call on whether what is written is credible or not. To be fair, if you look specifically about what is written about the Dive Doctor it's fairly consistent - good work, but can be slow. Personally, when it comes to drysuits I'm quite happy with that - I've replaced my own seals in the past and fcuked it up. At least sending it to the Dive Doctor I know it's going to come back fixed.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby tara » Tue May 05, 2009 9:26 am

Andy wrote: .. To be honest, the dive industry in NZ is so small that if you work in any part of it you probably know pretty much everyone - certainly you know the "providers" (wholesalers, equipment techs etc).
Asking to declare any "interest" is rather pointless...

still a little off topic but i agree Andy. +1 for not needing to declare "interest"
plus here on SDNZ, we pretty much know each other personally, we use real name either in signatures or as usernames.

i'm going to have a pocket put on my drysuit and i wont hesitate to take it out to Dive Doctor. my experience was really good - 1 day turn around!
tara
Dive Mistress

Next

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits