DRYSUITSdirect NEED your help!!!!

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

DRYSUITSdirect NEED your help!!!!

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi everyone. Very exciting times ahead. Obviously because of all the history in the past of us building up brands which have become extremely popular only to have them "taken off us" by industry poachers, I can finally say that I have got three new suits in our range which will blow your socks off!!!! AND still at competitive prices.

2 of them are front mounted High Density Trilaminate material and one is a 2mm crushed neoprene back zipped suit.

These suits will soon clear customs ready for show to you all. BUT I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

The Brand is obviously DRYSUITSdirect but I need to individually name the different types of suits ( I need 3 names!). SOoOooooooo I am running a bit of a competition. This competition doesnt boast massive prizes - infact no prizes at all!!!! Just knowing that you molded the history of this "World Famous in New Zealand" fledgling company.

ANY constructive name ideas for these suits would be REALLY appreciated. SO let it rip!!!!!

Since the dawn of having the 2nd Dealership taken from me I have been working tirelessly, talking to some of the worlds leading drysuit manufacturers to get them to make suits for me under liscence for my brand. And it has all paid off. They are amazing suits and built really well. ALL my suits will carry a LIFETIME warranty that I will stand behind 100% against ANY manufacturing defects (EVEN POCKETS!!).

Pete Mesley
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Re: DRYSUITSdirect NEED your help!!!!

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Awesome Pete...
Any pics so we can sort of guage the suits for the names..its reasonably difficult without an image to put a name too.. :lol: (colour,style)

Halocline: For one I think would be a great name for a suit.
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:09 pm

NEMES1S wrote:Awesome Pete...
Any pics so we can sort of guage the suits for the names..its reasonably difficult without an image to put a name too.. :lol: (colour,style)

Halocline: For one I think would be a great name for a suit.

Hey Rob,

Pictures will follow when I get the suits.
Thanks for the Halocline idea - I even like "Nemesis" too!!!! Man wouldnt that be too wierd - then you would HAVE to get a suit then hah!!!!

Pete
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 pm

petemes wrote:Hey Rob,

Thanks for the Halocline idea - I even like "Nemesis" too!!!! Man wouldnt that be too wierd - then you would HAVE to get a suit then hah!!!!

Pete

Ha ha ha I was going to suggest NEMESIS and also MINERVA or MARS but thought without an image it would be hard to guage....
The "NEMESIS" Trilaminate from Drysuits direct :D ...Mmmm definately want one,I will have to save my pennies as I want to have 2 Drysuits in my dive gear anyway as all my wetsuits go on trade me this week,I also need to buy a 3mm wetsuit for the pool stuff and overseas Tropical missions....Ahhhh $$$$

Just as long as they come in black we are in business... :D
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

NEMES1S wrote:
petemes wrote:Hey Rob,

Pete

Ha ha ha I was going to suggest NEMESIS and also MINERVA or MARS but thought without an image it would be hard to guage....
The "NEMESIS" Trilaminate from Drysuits direct :D ...Mmmm definately want one,I will have to save my pennies as I want to have 2 Drysuits in my dive gear anyway as all my wetsuits go on trade me this week,I also need to buy a 3mm wetsuit for the pool stuff and overseas Tropical missions....Ahhhh $$$$

Just as long as they come in black we are in business... :D

HENRY FORD!! (You can have any colour - as long as its black!!!!) In saying that I will have colour options for one of the suits - Trilam # 2 suit.

Oooow I like the Minerva. Damn! You are good!
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby Michelle » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:52 pm

petemes wrote:HENRY FORD!! (You can have any colour - as long as its black!!!!)

What, plain black? Where's the creativity in that?
Michelle

Postby silent solutions » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Drysuits direct trilam tech,drysuits direct sport,leather back trilam,Gibson signature series(subject to testing!!!)
silent solutions

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 pm

silent solutions wrote:Drysuits direct trilam tech,drysuits direct sport,leather back trilam,Gibson signature series(subject to testing!!!)

Mmmmmmm I like the Gibbo signature series. I would be happy to do that. All I need is an order for 200 suits from you and we are in business!!!!
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Michelle wrote:

Michelle is that Heckling in the back rows I hear??????

Dont worry, I have an option especially for "colourful" people just like you!!!! Wait till you see the options!! It will be like we are back in the 60's!! Well, not that bad but we do have colour options.

Pete
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby tazbubz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 pm

petemes wrote:Dont worry, I have an option especially for "colourful" people just like you!!!! Wait till you see the options!! It will be like we are back in the 60's!! Well, not that bad but we do have colour options.
Pete

What about a superman design or spiderman? now that would be friggin cool!
what did the farmer say to the cow on the roof? - "get off the roof" What did the cow say? "Moo"
tazbubz

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:42 pm

tazbubz wrote:
petemes wrote:Dont worry, I have an option especially for "colourful" people just like you!!!! Wait till you see the options!! It will be like we are back in the 60's!! Well, not that bad but we do have colour options.
Pete

What about a superman design or spiderman? now that would be friggin cool!

I have actually seen a drysuit with this design. A company in Orkney made a few of these spiderman suits. QUALITY!!!! unfortunately they made them in Neoprene.

Pete
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby Andy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:53 pm

"The gimp"????

Will put some thought to it. Pete. Can't wait to see the suits - Halocline is good, kinda fits alongside the 4thE offerings.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby Michelle » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:18 pm

petemes wrote:
Michelle wrote:

Michelle is that Heckling in the back rows I hear??????

Dont worry, I have an option especially for "colourful" people just like you!!!! Wait till you see the options!! It will be like we are back in the 60's!! Well, not that bad but we do have colour options.

Pete

Come on - you KNEW I was going to heckle about the colour.
Michelle

Postby Jason » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Oh I so like challenges like this. :D
I would stay away from any 'Tropical' names as Drysuits aren't the go in those regions.
I could offer the title 'Southern Gyre', or the 'Tasman' but people from the Northern Hemisphere could feel disengaged from the titles and females might find both titles a bit 'blokey'.
What then? Well, i'm gonna ruffle around and see what I can come up with.
If I do come up with something slick, then I just want the mandatory 10% discount as I do need to buy a drysuit eventually (my 7mm limit is 14degreesC)
(still unsure about crushed Neoprene or Trilaminate??)
Just drifting along with whatever is current.
Currently I'm reading : The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley.
Jason

Postby petemes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Andy wrote:"The gimp"????

Will put some thought to it. Pete. Can't wait to see the suits - Halocline is good, kinda fits alongside the 4thE offerings.

Yeah sounds good I can just see the strap line now......... Where fresh................. meets salt....................

Keep em coming!!
petemes
Site Sponsor

Next

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits