dry gloves

Drysuits, semi-drysuits, wetsuits, undersuits, hoods...what do you want to know?

dry gloves

Postby SonnyL » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:43 pm

I am expecting to be mock at for being such a wuss :oops: .... Looking for places to get dry gloves. Something like these, without needing to install zip seals on the drysuits.

Or is there any hardware store that sells these gloves, and I can attach seals to it?

Thank you.
"Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast"
SonnyL

Re: dry gloves

Postby silent solutions » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:26 pm

any safety shop,Farm supply shop(crt),agri spray place,even mitre 10 sometimes.
silent solutions

Postby binklebonk » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:37 pm

I made some a year or so ago in an emergency. I cut my thumb (bout 1.5 inch cut to the bone needing lotsa stitches) at the start of a week long Lermontov trip..

I bought freezer gloves and some drysuit seals and made them in a couple of hours, I think it cost me about $60 all up. Worked well kept the wound dry and saved the trip for me, trouble was I had about 30 mins to find the gloves and could only find a size too small so kinda sucked cos of that..

I would buy some of these in the future and will soon.

http://www.seaskin.co.uk/acatalog/SiTec ... parts.html
binklebonk

Postby NEMES1S » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am

I have basically the same ones shown in the pic with the latex seals and they are extremely difficult to don when you have one of the gloves on allready,I basically have to get my buddy to get the wrist seals sorted ....and pre dive its a pain,they work like a charm when on but getting them on is a pain.
I have neo wrist seals as well so that is an added nuisance as the latext needs to go under the neo as if it goes over they leak like the Titanic.
I scored mine from Oceandry for about $190

I personally suggest you pay the extra $$$ and get the o-ring ones that attach to your drysuit...
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby binklebonk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:25 pm

The Sitech ones with the o-ring docking that you're referring to Nem can be purchased for 160 NZD incl PP from Seaskin in the UK. Iwill be ordering some soon.

These are the ones I made, a bit rough but they were done on a boat in a big hurry..

Photo 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm

binklebonk wrote:
These are the ones I made, a bit rough but they were done on a boat in a big hurry..

With a cut thumb on one hand and a glass of scotch in the other. :lol:
ChuckyBob

Postby binklebonk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about the scotch.... :lol:
binklebonk

Postby SonnyL » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 pm

binklebonk wrote:The Sitech ones with the o-ring docking that you're referring to Nem can be purchased for 160 NZD incl PP from Seaskin in the UK. Iwill be ordering some soon.

With a cut finger on a rocking boat, I think they look awesome... Let me know when you are making orders from Seaskin...
SonnyL

Postby SonnyL » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 pm

NEMES1S wrote:I have basically the same ones shown in the pic with the latex seals and they are extremely difficult to don when you have one of the gloves on allready,I basically have to get my buddy to get the wrist seals sorted ....and pre dive its a pain,they work like a charm when on but getting them on is a pain.

Hannah (my missus and dive buddy) have this routine going on where we sort out each other's hoods just before the dive. It is kinda cheesy but it helps us to reinforce our "teamwork", and it keeps our mind focused and calm. It is like one of those ritual that we have to do to get in the mindset... and I think getting her to help with my wrist seals should add to this ritual.. :lol:
SonnyL

Postby NEMES1S » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 am

binklebonk wrote:The Sitech ones with the o-ring docking that you're referring to Nem can be purchased for 160 NZD incl PP from Seaskin in the UK. Iwill be ordering some soon.

NZD $160 is a pretty good deal Bink,whats the story with attaching the rings to the drysuit though,do you have to buy the flanges to glue on separate or is that for the lot...??

SonnyL wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:I have basically the same ones shown in the pic with the latex seals and they are extremely difficult to don when you have one of the gloves on allready,I basically have to get my buddy to get the wrist seals sorted ....and pre dive its a pain,they work like a charm when on but getting them on is a pain.

Hannah (my missus and dive buddy) have this routine going on where we sort out each other's hoods just before the dive. It is kinda cheesy but it helps us to reinforce our "teamwork", and it keeps our mind focused and calm. It is like one of those ritual that we have to do to get in the mindset... and I think getting her to help with my wrist seals should add to this ritual.. :lol:

Yeah I hear you but I dive mainly with "the lads" so fluffing around with too much kit gets a bit Brokeback Mountain ha ha ha
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby binklebonk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 am

NEMES1S wrote:NZD $160 is a pretty good deal Bink,whats the story with attaching the rings to the drysuit though,do you have to buy the flanges to glue on separate or is that for the lot...??

That includes everything. The join at the seal is done without glue and is easily removeable.
binklebonk

Return to Wetsuits & Drysuits