Nitrox labelling

What do you use? Got a question about buying and maintaining your tank /valve? Then post in here.

Nitrox labelling

Postby Andy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Not sure if anyone knows that the Department of Labour has been reviewing it's stance on nitrox and higher O2 mixes?

At one stage, it looked like they were going to introduce new laws that meant that you'd need to have oxygen cleaned tanks even if they were filled with de-nitrogenified air or using a continuous blending system. Seems like they've been convinced to not go down that route, but there will probably be some changes in the current labelling guidelines. We should see some changes sometime as to how tanks need to be labelled.

There may be some changes in terms of LAB number requirements for higher O2 mixes - but not sure what or when.
Andy
Serial Poster

Re: Nitrox labelling

Postby Andy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm guesing because scuba tanks fall under the HSNO act regulations - OSH and ERMA have both had a part to play in what we do with tanks and nitrox filling requirements.

As I understand it, tanks filled with a membrane system will need to be clearly labelled as DNAx, rather than EANx, as well as labelled as being not O2 clean. Whether this will be one tank wrap, or two seperate stickers I don't know. Also, got no idea at this stage how continuous blending will be differentiated from partial pressure, as c.b. isn't DNAx!
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to Tanks