The only twins I will get in bed...

What do you use? Got a question about buying and maintaining your tank /valve? Then post in here.

Re: The only twins I will get in bed...

Postby silent solutions » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Andy wrote:
DiveDR wrote:We have been getting some nice looking manifolds both 225 and 300 bar for aorund $400, only problem is they they don't have the H logo on them.

$400 is a fairly reasonable price to pay for a manifold, certainly in line with what I would expect to pay for Dive Rite etc. Halcyon did get a bad rep with the previous dealer in NZ, but the current importer has a much different pricing policy - I would expect a Halcyon manifold to be around that price point as well.

Did you really manage to land a manifold and a set of bands for NZ$250, 'bonk? It seems ludicrously cheap, maybe my perception is coloured by the exchange rate - but I hope that Rob buys you a couple of beers as well. :wink:

Maybe it had something to do with the last importer of halcyon only opening the shop by appointment only and signing a contract to only dive with the realm crew ahhhh the good old dir nz days.
silent solutions

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 pm

silent solutions wrote:Maybe it had something to do with the last importer of halcyon only opening the shop by appointment only and signing a contract to only dive with the realm crew ahhhh the good old dir nz days.

That could be it. And the expectation that the shop would only be opened if someone was going to put $10,000 on the table.

Things have definitely moved on!
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby binklebonk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am

Andy wrote:Did you really manage to land a manifold and a set of bands for NZ$250, 'bonk? It seems ludicrously cheap, maybe my perception is coloured by the exchange rate - but I hope that Rob buys you a couple of beers as well. :wink:

Yeah I guess I could've gotten another couple of hundred, but that really was all it cost me so didn't see the point in gouging Nem. I'll leave that to the LDS. :P
binklebonk

Postby Hybrid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:26 am

silent solutions wrote:
Andy wrote:
DiveDR wrote:We have been getting some nice looking manifolds both 225 and 300 bar for aorund $400, only problem is they they don't have the H logo on them.

$400 is a fairly reasonable price to pay for a manifold, certainly in line with what I would expect to pay for Dive Rite etc. Halcyon did get a bad rep with the previous dealer in NZ, but the current importer has a much different pricing policy - I would expect a Halcyon manifold to be around that price point as well.

Did you really manage to land a manifold and a set of bands for NZ$250, 'bonk? It seems ludicrously cheap, maybe my perception is coloured by the exchange rate - but I hope that Rob buys you a couple of beers as well. :wink:

Maybe it had something to do with the last importer of halcyon only opening the shop by appointment only and signing a contract to only dive with the realm crew ahhhh the good old dir nz days.

Hahahahahhha...Classic
Hybrid

Previous

Return to Tanks