Secound Tank

What do you use? Got a question about buying and maintaining your tank /valve? Then post in here.

Secound Tank

Postby craycatcher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi
I currently have one 15L dive tank form performance diver and am looking at getting a secound tank but am wondering if it is worth while downsizing to a 12L as its not so bulky and will take up less room on the boat, or is it usually better to stick with the same size tank, open to getting faber tank as well, and was wondering if the dumpy 12L compared to the normal 12L makes much difference.
craycatcher

Re: Secound Tank

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:54 am

I'd stick with the same size and make tank.
They dont take up that much more space and no one ever complained abut having too much air.

But also it means you will not have to adjust your weight/ trim when you switch between tanks.
Nothing worse than going from a 15L steel to a 80cf ali!!!

Also 15L tanks have excellent resale prices should you decide to move on.
ChuckyBob

Postby AndrewRawlingson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Craycatcher.

I agree with the above, it is easier to keep both your cylinders the same. It certainly is with the way I have my kit set up. Having said that, a steel 15 and a steel 12 have almost the same bouyancy characteristics due to water displacement, so no need to mess around with lead. Also, a 15 L cylinder is a bit of a lump to lug around out of the water. I find the 12s much easier.

Re: brand. I really like the PD cylinders because they are heavier and longer than Fabers which suits me.

I don't think there is a right answer to your question. Just depends how inconvieniant you find the 15 L and your gas requirements for your typical second dive of the day.

I have a 15 L PD cylinder in very good condition which has just been hydro tested. Would sell if you're interested. I'm based in Tutukaka/Whangarei.

Cheers

Andrew
AndrewRawlingson

Postby craycatcher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Pm Sent
craycatcher

Postby AndrewRawlingson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:58 pm

pm not received!
AndrewRawlingson