Aeris Elite T3 Computer

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

Postby dynamo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Their are times I want to go spearfishing between dives. Obviously not going to be pushing either pursuits but I like to know that if I am going to go for another dive that the off gassing is being taken into account.
dynamo

Postby Packhorse » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 pm

You should never freedive after scuba diving. It is OK to freedive BEFORE scuba.

The problem is that any nitrogen bubbles in your system can get lodged in certain places during your surface interval. If you then free dive these bubbles then shrink under then pressure and then move on thru your system. They then expand again when you asscend and where they end up can have very serious reprecussions.

I probably have not explained this very well and hopefully someone else will but please never freedive after scuba diving.
Packhorse

Postby dynamo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:08 pm

It's definitley an interesting topic that seems to be a lacking of scientifc studies.

This discussion bring up some interesting points

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archiv ... t-159.html

the lack of any conclusive evidence either way probably suggests that I shouldn't go spearfishing between dives, but I'm not talking great depths here, only 5m down.
dynamo

Postby Xman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:56 pm

dynamo wrote:It's definitley an interesting topic that seems to be a lacking of scientifc studies.

This discussion bring up some interesting points

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archiv ... t-159.html

the lack of any conclusive evidence either way probably suggests that I shouldn't go spearfishing between dives, but I'm not talking great depths here, only 5m down.

That is still quite a big pressure change (bubble wise).
I would agree with Packhorse. Snorkelling between dives is fine, but freediving is not a good idea. Whilst there may not be conclusive evidence, common sense and some anecdotal evidence suggest that you are putting yourself at risk. Is it really worth it?
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby dynamo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Agreed it's not not worth the risk.
I'll stay quiet on the subject.
dynamo

Postby gingerninja » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:55 am

Just as a follow up about the computer:

Natny and I both got an Aeris Elite T3 in the end. We bought it from Ocean Equipment Ltd, who are the local authorised distributor for Aeris and other brands. Their prices are equivalent to what the yanks would pay, so you you don't have to pay added gst and overseas shipping. And they have an online shop now:
http://www.oceanequipment.co.nz

We can't wait to use them (but have to because our other gear hasn't arrived yet).
gingerninja

Previous

Return to Dive Computers