Nitek Plus

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

Nitek Plus

Postby snirpy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:10 pm

any one seen or used this, my oceANIC geo , 2nd watch has crapped out so looking for a new one, had two sunntos that crapped out too , so thATS sunnto and oceanic out the door, what else is there, i like the idead of gas switching and like wrist watches and the nitek plus looks groovy,, ny ideas
snirpy

Postby DiveDiva » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm selling a near new nemo....I you're interested PM me :D
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Re: Nitek Plus

Postby jase » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm

snirpy wrote:any one seen or used this, my oceANIC geo , 2nd watch has crapped out so looking for a new one, had two sunntos that crapped out too , so thATS sunnto and oceanic out the door, what else is there, i like the idead of gas switching and like wrist watches and the nitek plus looks groovy,, ny ideas

They are quite good, the plus can be a little difficult to read at depth sometimes, but overall probably the best priced/good looking wrist computer. Have used it on quite a few dives
jase

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:42 pm

I think the Nitek shares the same innards with the Apeks Quanum, Tusa Hunter etc.

I've got a mate with an Apeks version for sale, at a very reasonable price.

To be honest, you've got to ask why you want a gas switching computer. I'd guess that the Nitek shares the same drawbacks as my Vytec - an awesome computer, but for any dive using mutliple gasses that involve decompression stops, you just can't see what the deco stops are in advance...... you just have to blindly follow the computer and hope that it all works out.

For deco dives with multiple gasses, there really is nothing better than a VR2/3. The simple fact that they let you look ahead at what your stops are puts them in a different league than the Vytec, Nitek, Quantum, Cobra2 etc. IMHO, the gas switching on these are just toys, not a useful function. Using them as deco computers is going to lead to tears eventually.

If you're not doing deco, then what's the need for multiple gasses?
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to Dive Computers