oceanic usb cable

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

oceanic usb cable

Postby netmystar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:32 am

hi managed to get a sweet deal on a veo 200 dive computer shop demo from the states and am wanting to get a usb cable to download info from computer but all the cable cost more than it cost me for the computer by the time its landed here. does any one know if there is another cable does the job the aeirs look like it the same or do i just need to harden up and fork over the cash
netmystar

Postby Packhorse » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 am

Download cables are a great revenue maker for the company.
They cost SFA to make but they can sell them for stupid money.
The Suunto cables have droped alot in price. But I ended up making my own and it cost $8.
The Suunto software is free. Others only supply it with the download cable.

In the end can you justify the benifits for the cost?
Its a cool feature but to be honest I can live without it. In fact I lost my cable when I moved. I could make another I have all the parts but I cant really be bothered.
Packhorse

Postby insurancerisk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:55 pm

my datamask came with one (jealousy is a corrosive emotion xav....) but if i hadnt have got it free id take the bloody thing back, took half an hour of very bad language to get it to interface properly due to the very small pointy cable bit and very large mask holey bit. Once it did go it seems a very easy way of logging and viewing your dives.
The price of these cables appears completely greed driven, find a geek who can show you how to make your own!
insurancerisk

Return to Dive Computers