Suunto cobra3

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

Re: Suunto cobra3

Postby Wayne » Sat May 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Ouch $2350 or if I join up with Global Dive $2115 vs $1564 from scubastore.com, or $1249.08 from LeisurePRo.com. Makes it hard to by from NZ.
Wayne

Postby tara » Sat May 02, 2009 10:04 pm

hell yea - scubastores special price is pretty damn special.
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby binklebonk » Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 pm

tara wrote:Retail price for Cobra 3 is $2350 incl GST and 5 year warranty.

Bingo! (Well pretty close..) :lol:

Hell I bet ya I could get it in for about $1250 still with a warranty.. :twisted: (oops just saw the 1249 from LP..Just proves my point!! :wink: )
Last edited by binklebonk on Sat May 02, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
binklebonk

Postby Andy » Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Wayne wrote:Ouch $2350 or if I join up with Global Dive $2115 vs $1564 from scubastore.com, or $1249.08 from LeisurePRo.com. Makes it hard to by from NZ.

Give Global a call and ask them to match the price. For the cost of the call, it's worth a try.

I tend to beleive that the wholesalers make a larger margin than the retailer in many cases - I may be wrong, some don't - but if everyone buys online without giving the LDS the chance to match it, no one will tell the wholesalers that they have to wake up and smell the coffee.

Worst that can happen is that they say no, in which case you've lost the price of a phone call.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby gingerninja » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Wayne wrote:Any idea what Oceanic/Aeris has that compare to the Cobra 3 or if I'm aloud to dream the D9?

The Oceanic Atom is a wristwatch style air integrated computer for $1699:
http://www.oceanicnz.co.nz/comps-atom/

And Oceanic also has a dealer in Wanganui apparently:
http://www.oceanicnz.co.nz/go-deep-scuba/

As far as features go, I would suggest going to the manufacturers' websites and comparing features with what you want. Do you specifically want a console mount, or is wrist mounted an option? If you do want wrist mounted, then do you want a separate mechanical spg, or do you want wireless air integration?
Willie Apiata is the reason why Osama is hiding.
gingerninja

Postby Wayne » Mon May 04, 2009 9:56 pm

I still can't make up my mind as to which way to go a console mount, or a wrist mounted. Which ever way I go I want it to be all I need and not need a SPG as well. I have a Uwatec Sport? as a wrist mount now, I find it way too big, but Like the idea of not having to all ways check 2 things all the time.
Wayne

Postby Andy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Wayne wrote:I still can't make up my mind as to which way to go a console mount, or a wrist mounted. Which ever way I go I want it to be all I need and not need a SPG as well. I have a Uwatec Sport? as a wrist mount now, I find it way too big, but Like the idea of not having to all ways check 2 things all the time.

If you go wrist mounted and want air integration, watch out for the "hidden" cost of having to buy a transmitter for some computers. The console air integrated computers tend to be cheaper as a result.

I used to have a Cobra, and loved it. The air integration was a big factor in me getting a transmitter when I bought a Vytec - it's amazing how quickly you think you need something, but when I shifted over to a VR3 I was only "twitching" at not haivng air integration for a couple of dives. It's not a big deal at all to have to check both an SPG and a computer.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby binklebonk » Mon May 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Andy wrote: It's not a big deal at all to have to check both an SPG and a computer.

Yeah I think I'll check my SPG about 4-6 times in a dive. There's a difference between being aware of your consumption and just being paranoid.
binklebonk

Postby Andy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:25 pm

binklebonk wrote:
Andy wrote: It's not a big deal at all to have to check both an SPG and a computer.

Yeah I think I'll check my SPG about 4-6 times in a dive. There's a difference between being aware of your consumption and just being paranoid.

Yeah, for sure. Where as I do tend to check my (no)deco status a lot more than that - but it's a flick of the wrist to do it, personally not a fan of consoles.
Andy
Serial Poster

Previous

Return to Dive Computers