Oceanic HUD mask/computer system

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

Re: Oceanic HUD mask/computer system

Postby NEMES1S » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Andy wrote:Try Global Dive for probably the most competitive NZ price. It's always worth asking a local shop whether they can match an offshore price first.

Deepbluedive in the UK (http://www.deepbluedive.com) currently have a special on Vytecs, £339 which includes VAT. If they remember to knock VAT off for an international order (they sometimes forget, cheeky gits) that would be £288, or NZ760. Add shipping and GST on to that.and you're still looking at less than $1k.

Thats a fabulous price,hell that would be bloody hard to beat by anybody I think...
Do we still pay GST on things we buy from the UK..? I bought some UK DPMs from a surplus store there and didnt pay VAT or GST... I thought it was like tax free... :oops:
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Andy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 pm

NEMES1S wrote:Do we still pay GST on things we buy from the UK..? I bought some UK DPMs from a surplus store there and didnt pay VAT or GST... I thought it was like tax free... :oops:

It depends. What should happen is that the UK supplier deducts VAT (17.5%) from the UK price, and you pay GST on entry to NZ.

Some things slip through, depending on value. I think the threshold price is $400?

Sometimes, customs don't pick up on things depending on how they are posted. Nearly all stuff that is couriered will get picked up on. When I bought my VR3 and a new deco reg, they get sent standard post and I didn't have to pay GST - it was like Christmas come early, but the postie did leave the box sitting on our front door step for the entire day..... :shock:
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby Andy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Andy wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:Do we still pay GST on things we buy from the UK..? I bought some UK DPMs from a surplus store there and didnt pay VAT or GST... I thought it was like tax free... :oops:

It depends. What should happen is that the UK supplier deducts VAT (17.5%) from the UK price, and you pay GST on entry to NZ.

Some things slip through, depending on value. I think the threshold price is $400?

Sometimes, customs don't pick up on things depending on how they are posted. Nearly all stuff that is couriered will get picked up on. When I bought my VR3 and a new deco reg, they get sent standard post and I didn't have to pay GST - it was like Christmas come early, but the postie did leave the box sitting on our front door step for the entire day..... :shock:

I *think* that Global have Vytec's for $1100-1200, but could be wrong. Worth giving Andrew a call for sure.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby NEMES1S » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Andy wrote:

I see...and yes been there with the valuable gears sitting on the door all day!!

My B/P W even recently was left at my garage door for god knows how long, and I had the same thing when I bought DDs SLR....it was put in front of our garage door as well.... :?

I will drop Andrew a line,closer to pay day... :D
NEMES1S

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:19 pm

NEMES1S wrote:

Called him today but he and Pete Mes are still down on the Lermontov...back tommorow.

And the time to buy gear from Suunto and Aqualung is now as in November they all go up 10%
NEMES1S

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 pm

NEMES1S wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:

Called him today but he and Pete Mes are still down on the Lermontov...back tommorow.

And the time to buy gear from Suunto and Aqualung is now as in November they all go up 10%

I think I was a bit wrong on the price of them at Global.... I did look a few weeks ago when I was in there, but forgot to tell you the price at the time. $1495 rings a bell, but don't quote me on it.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Andy wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:

I think I was a bit wrong on the price of them at Global.... I did look a few weeks ago when I was in there, but forgot to tell you the price at the time. $1495 rings a bell, but don't quote me on it.

Thats still pretty bloody good!!!
NEMES1S

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Ok I gave up on the ultra flash PCs and just went for one that I can afford,and has the basic functions that I need EANx etc..
And scored a GEKKO...the worst part about it is the fact its WHITE!! (There goes the TECH black look ha ha ha )
NEMES1S

Postby tara » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:26 pm

NEMES1S wrote:..the worst part about it is the fact its WHITE!! (There goes the TECH black look ha ha ha )

oh no! black is the way to be (and maybe just a little go-fast red).

did you look at the d4?
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm

diveChiq wrote:
NEMES1S wrote:..the worst part about it is the fact its WHITE!! (There goes the TECH black look ha ha ha )

oh no! black is the way to be (and maybe just a little go-fast red).

did you look at the d4?

Yeah I did but I am not a fan of the watch type of DCs....I need big plain and simple.... :oops:
There is a great deal going at SPLASH for a D9 with transmitter as it has 60 logged dives and a bit of a scratch on the exterior.
But I thought with only 60 dives and it has scratches,imagine what it would look like after a years diving with the 99 crew!!! :shock:
NEMES1S

Postby tara » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:50 pm

fair call!!

me like my mares nemo. and i wear him all the time.
great conversation starter with the boys too ... whats a girl like you doing with a big watch like that? well sunshine ... come sit on my knee and i'll tell you all about it
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby NEMES1S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 pm

diveChiq wrote:fair call!!

me like my mares nemo. and i wear him all the time.
great conversation starter with the boys too ... whats a girl like you doing with a big watch like that? well sunshine ... come sit on my knee and i'll tell you all about it

Ha ha ha your a man eater!! classic...

And yeah the NEMO is great I think DD used to have one... :D
NEMES1S

Postby tara » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:59 pm

:twisted:
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby Snake Stanton » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Andy wrote:This year hasn't been a good year for me.... twice after a long surface swim I've forgotten that my mask has been on my head, and pulled my hood off to watch the mask disappear. DOH! Image

Not that big a deal at $90 or so a mask, but at $1200 to $2000!?!?! :mrgreen:

I also think you'd look a right pillock in the bar after a dive, with your mask in your hand writing out your log book!

They have a pc data link cable, much like the SUUNTO D9 does, so you can simply download the data to your computer. It also can store up heaps of dive data, in case you dont get to your computer for a little while!

I had a good long look at these myself, but, since they dont make them with purge valves, and I really like my purge masks, I decided not to, and stuck with my original mask, and opted for the SUUNTO D9, wrist mounted Dive comp instead. Fully air integrated, just like the data mask, but doesnt get lost when you pull your hood off. lols
Snake Stanton

Previous

Return to Dive Computers