wrist compass

Wrist, console...for recreational or technical diving. Questions and information.

wrist compass

Postby bluey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

Hey anyone know where to purchase uwatec or suunto wrist compass online? Can't seem to find much..

I lost my FS1 which I really liked. Have heard that the SK7 is good while it lasts but not great build quality. Any preferences or experiences you can share?

Cheers
Bluey
bluey

Re: wrist compass

Postby divepirate » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Just be careful if you are importing, there is variance between northern hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere compass

:-)
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby AndrewRawlingson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 pm

true, but if it made a real difference, I'd be SO impressed with my navigational skills :)
AndrewRawlingson

Postby divepirate » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Hahah
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby ChuckyBob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Not sure what you mean by build quality of the SK7. It really is the mutts nuts of UW compasses. I'd be keen to see or hear of one that comes close.
It does sit higher than other compasses but that is because it is designed to allow for more tilt.

Compasses are not divided into Northern and southern hemisphere compasses but in to 5 zones and there are 3 that cover the southern hemisphere as can be seen by the image below. While they all point north, they do tilt off axis when used out of the designated zone and it is quite annoying. I have a console mount SK7 zone1 that I am more than willing to swap for a Zone 5 unit cash your way if anyone is keen!

ChuckyBob

Postby bluey » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:51 am

Cheers for the replys. Found an SK7 http://www.divewellington.co.nz/content/sk7-wrist-compass for $190 but can't find the uwatecs for sale here.

The thread about failing sk7s is here http://www.divematrix.com/showthread.php?10806-Suunto-SK-7-I-love-them-I-hate-them-I-love-them-I-hate-them-I-love-them-I-hate-them

bluey
bluey

Postby tara » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am

I've used an SK7 (the same one) for about 5 years and its in great condition.
I was given a NH one as a ... actually I cant remember why they gave it to me.

I often hand off mine to my students and use the NH one. We still end up in the same place.
tara
Dive Mistress

Return to Dive Computers