Deep Obsession 2013 (Lake Pupuke 30 November)

Breath-hold diving. Tips and advice.

Deep Obsession 2013 (Lake Pupuke 30 November)

Postby Phantom Menace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Below is info on Deep Obsession 2013 ... I have plagiarised it from a promotional post on another forum (but Rob won't mind as it helps get the word out there). I think I might take them up on the 6 week training plan and see if they can "double my depth".

Seriously, if you are slightly interested in having a play with this sort of thing then I think this would be a good, safe option to explore a little.

The Auckland Freediving club now has preliminary approval to use Lake Pupuke for the Deep Obsession Freediving competition on the 30th of November. More details to come soon, but this will be an AIDA event with judges and medic and you will have the opportunity to receive points towards your international ranking.

We will also be running a recreational grade at the competition and plan to offer a 6 week training plan and targeted sessions for those that are new to the sport and want to come and give it a try. This will be part of the normal club training and included in membership / normal pool use for our members, but if you would like just join us for this build up, there will be a nominal charge (TBC) for this to cover the pool and equipment costs. Build up will be run over our normal club nights of Monday (Youthtown pool), Wednesday (Panmure and Henderson) and Thursday (Lake Pupuke).

For anyone new that signs up for this, we will be offering a "double your depth, or your money back" guarantee on the competition entry. The Lake doesn't go to 250M, so Mullins need not apply.

The 6 week build up will start on the 14th of October and more detail to be provided here soon about that, but if you would like to know more about the event, or about the club, check out our website: http://www.aucklandfreediving.co.nz/

Great excuse to start your summer fitness buildup, improve your depth PB and look more attractive to the opposite sex. Lock it in to the diary!
Phantom Menace

Re: Deep Obsession 2013 (Lake Pupuke 30 November)

Postby Ali Perkins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:28 am

For anyone new that signs up for this, we will be offering a "double your depth, or your money back" guarantee on the competition entry. The Lake doesn't go to 250M, so Mullins need not apply.

Haha... loving the humour.

Great excuse to start your summer fitness buildup, improve your depth PB and look more attractive to the opposite sex.

Maybe there is something to this free diving thing. The first thing I usually do after a scuba dive is hawk up a big ball of phlegm and wash all the boogers off my nose. Attractive to the opposite sex? I think not.

Perhaps you should advertise this on the Auckland University Underwater Club Facebook page. They're a randy bunch who like water.
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Return to Freediving