Auckland Freediving: 145 Club

Breath-hold diving. Tips and advice.

Auckland Freediving: 145 Club

Postby Phantom Menace » Fri May 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Shameless club plug time....

Those who saw TV One News last night will have seen Moss completing the last stage of the Auckland Freediving Clubs 145 checklist, his 5 minute static.

The 1 stands for a 100M dynamic (in pool, with or without fins);
The 4 Stands for a 40M Constant weight (depth swim at sea or in the lake);
and the final 5 is a 5 minute static.

We have around 15 members currently working on the 145 goal and it is great to see the progress people are making.

With winter steadily descending upon us, if you are looking for something to keep you fit and motivated, come along and do an induction with the club and sign up and start training with other focused and motivated peeps.

Club Training wise we run pool sessions on Monday and Wednesday evenings and during daylight savings train at Lake Pupuke on Thursday evenings. We also organise trips (many involve a bit of spearing too) throughout the year. We will also be running a pool and a depth comp later this year too.

If you want to know more take a look at http://www.aucklandfreediving.co.nz/Join-The-Auckland-Freediving-Club
------

If you want to see Moss completing his static you can find the link here http://tvnz.co.nz/one-news/2014-05-08-video-5966487 (starts at 16:55)

You can also find a great write up by another 145 trainee Gemma Cookson here
http://www.aucklandfreediving.co.nz/gemma-cookson
Phantom Menace

Re: Auckland Freediving: 145 Club

Postby divepirate » Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Hope to see you at the boatshow this weekend.
I will be floating around the NZUA Stand.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I cannot do the Boat Show this weekend as I have a bunch of family committments coupled with an AFC member only mini-comp in Lake Pupuke (to end the season) and a relatively short notice "have a go" Underwater Rugby session at West Wave (I will put a post up on here shortly).
Phantom Menace

Postby divepirate » Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am

PM,
I would like to catch up with you at some stage in respect of the Freediving stuff, and NZUA.
lets catch up after the Boatshow sometime and talk freediving.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Sure - happy to chat. (Just got back from speaking to the Auckland Uni dive club about free diving and underwater rugby - good to see the Uni dive club is still going strong).
Phantom Menace

Return to Freediving