Rabbit Is night dive 9/8/13

Tell us about your latest adventure here!

Rabbit Is night dive 9/8/13

Postby Steelo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Weather was due to turn to custard for the weekend here in the mighty bay of plenty so did a spur of the moment
night dive fri night after work.
When I say spur of the moment, planned it at lunch time that day.
Dived solo this time, did two dives one just on the darker side of dusk and one in the dark dark of night.
A lot of crays around, interesting to note their behaviour, the first dive they were out and about a fair bit and the second one there didn't seem to be as many about but when I shone torch on them they seemed to come out further as if to check it out! Cant complain with that behaviour at all!!
Vis was really quite good for here 6-8m. water was 13 deg didn't wear a thermal under wetsuit this time
and didn't feel cold at all.
Got to try out my new computer suunto zoop which a mate brought for me while in hongkong .
Its my first computer and im really happy with it on this little expedition. theres no back light just phoresence charged by torch,which did fade quickly but will be fine during the day!
Steelo

Re: Rabbit Is night dive 9/8/13

Postby AndrewRawlingson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 am

Good work. Glad the Suunto worked out.
AndrewRawlingson

Re: Rabbit Is night dive 9/8/13

Postby divepirate » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

Sounds like a good dive.
Interesting about the crayfish, it seems that the behaviour of crayfish changes dramatically at night.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Return to Trip Reports and Dive Logs