Castle rock 24th August

Tell us about your latest adventure here!

Castle rock 24th August

Postby DiveDR » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Lovely dive at Castle rock this weekend.

Saturday was one of those winter days with flat seas no wind and a great team. Went in off Cooks beach and around the corner for our first dive on the South side of the rock as there was a lazy swell just big enough to creat a bt of surge coming in from the east.

Eight divers from the Botany bottom scratches on two boats started with a nice 25m wall dive, 15-20m of vis and plenty to look at both on the rock, in the caves and swimming around us, 14c so not to cold. A few crays to chase but all in berry.

2nd dive on the back of Goat Island, sitting on the boat In 10m could see the guys swimming around on the bottom. Again a few crays in berry but a lovely gentle way to end the day.
www.divedoctor.co.nz - everything diving
DiveDR

Re: Castle rock 24th August

Postby divepirate » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Nice.
Good to see some activity out there.
Impressed with the vis.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Ali Perkins » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 am

It's great to hear news of BBS members out having fun. I'm looking forward to rejoining them next year.
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby ChuckyBob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Castle Rock is one of my top sites, and the south side is probably the best. Vis always seems better there and you can pick your depth.

Must get back there soon!
ChuckyBob

Return to Trip Reports and Dive Logs