AOW

To discuss recreational diving, training, standards and continuing education.

AOW

Postby Scoobidoo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 am

I'm looking to get my AOW done before summer ends. I've been looking around and course prices vary quite a bit, ranging from $400 to close to $600!! I guess it depends on where they're running it, but still!

Anyone from SODS does training? I might have one or two other people interested if the price is right (they didn't want to pay $500-600 for the course...)
Scoobidoo

Postby Packhorse » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:45 am

Azza does AOW courses from time to time. But he does not post here anymore. You should ba able to contact him on the SODs site thought
http://www.sods.co.nz
Packhorse

Postby Scoobidoo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Packhorse wrote:Azza does AOW courses from time to time. But he does not post here anymore. You should ba able to contact him on the SODs site thought
http://www.sods.co.nz

Thanks Packhorse!
Scoobidoo

Postby DiveDiva » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Hey Scoobidoo :D

I am moving to Whangarei tomorrow and will be teaching more up there from now on. Also Andy, who is due back from overseas soon, teaches privately in Auckland so PM him if you like. He won't bite :wink:
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Scoobidoo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:19 pm

DiveDiva wrote:Hey Scoobidoo :D

I am moving to Whangarei tomorrow and will be teaching more up there from now on. Also Andy, who is due back from overseas soon, teaches privately in Auckland so PM him if you like. He won't bite :wink:

Thanks DD!
Scoobidoo

Postby Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:27 am

Back 5am this morning.... :shock: :shock:

PM me for some options, Scoobidoo.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby Darren » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

I have done plenty of shopping around and eventually settled with spending $600, well actually $595 through the same LODS that i did tdi nitrox with, But considering im doing it on a liveaboard at poor knights (been before and want to go back), with free rental gear (going to be giving intergrated weights bcd and a different reg & computer system a jam, over my mares vector origin bcd, m2 comp, mr12 reg entry combo). I don't think $600 is tha...at bad of a deal considering the liveaboard alone is $380 (i think?? less air)

Was shopping around the best deal i found was with dive hq in westhaven who were extremely flexible, would do the pai part of the course, books, fees and a single dive to get started for $250, subsequent dives for $50 a pop, but seeing as my mate was also keen and his brother was a qualled intructor they didn't mind if we did the bulk of the dives with him, which we go hunting over weekends anyways. Didn't want to do the whole course with mates brother as he lived a long way south, and he couldn't exactly run the whole thing cheap for us as it was against his contract with his employing DS.

Long story short, got tired of pissing around waiting and wanted to get the qual and didn't mind paying for it if it meant a sweet short holiday diving in posibly the best water in the country all for a few hundred extra which i would have probably spent on booze and then pies and chocolate milk the next day.
Darren

Return to Recreational