Discover Scuba and more

To discuss recreational diving, training, standards and continuing education.

Discover Scuba and more

Postby DiveDiva » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:34 pm

The basis for SDNZ's Corporate Scuba Program is the PADI Discover Scuba Course. Our courses, which are custom-designed to meet the needs of the participants, involve all the usual requirements of the PADI course (and aderence to PADI standards and procedures) with some team-building exercises thrown in! A fundamental scuba skill is 'buddy contact' and working together is imperative to staying dafe and enjoying your dive. It's also great to share your underwater experiences. Please let me know if you are interested in this course or know of anyone who might be. Also, what are your views on the concept?

See www.scubadive.net.nz/corporatescuba.html for more details.
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby DiveDiva » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:55 pm

What are peoples thoughts on this?

DD
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Azza » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Yeah Great.
A mate, whom I was in the Army with, and I used to run corporate team building sessions about 6-7 years ago. We took them into the Coromandal or Kaimanawa Ranges and did a basic bush survival skills course really putting them through some tough times, with leadership tasks thrown in, all culminating in a 3 day, nothing but the shirt on ya back navigation exercise.
We charged a bubbles song, made a stash of cash and got good feedback by most participants.

We only stopped because I was having trouble dealing with being a civilian ( I had been a soldier since I was 17 and had just been medically discharged) and took off overseas. I have been thinking about running them again but my mate is currently posted overseas. Maybe when he gets back :P

I think DSD is a great way to introduce people to the underwater world and a great gateway to Scuba.
I believe it would be superb for corporate courses because for 90% of participants they are stepping waaayyy out of their comfort zone...Which we all know I love :P
Azza

Return to Recreational