PADI Instructor Development Course

To discuss recreational diving, training, standards and continuing education.

Re: PADI Instructor Development Course

Postby DiveDiva » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 am

tara wrote:i 100% fully totally and completely recommend the PADI IDC.
asides from the skills and the workshops, i finally got a much better idea of where i can fit into the dive industry and today, i am all pepped up.
i'm off to get a printer/copier and am building/rebuilding my site/blog/documentation

I would also have to agree with this, despite doing my IE six years ago. Relative to the person I was at the time (young(!), untraveled, shy (yes, shy!) and 'academic'), it was the single-most greatest achievement of my life. Sure, for some (most?), it won't be life-changing but I guarantee you'll get a huge amount out of it. And remember, this also represents 'the begining' for you Tara - how exciting! :mrgreen:
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby NEMES1S » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:20 am

tara wrote:nem ... how did those assessments go for you?

The first round of testing I bowed out of thinking I needed to seriously re-learn the dive tables for speed and proficiency.
So last night AXE kindly took out a huge chunk of his evening to give me some really good lessons and insight into dive tables.
I left there last night feeling very happy and for the first time in a very very very long time actually sat down and seriously listened and studied something.
AXE is a fabulous teacher...if I can do it anybody can...and if AXE can teach me numbers he can teach Elephants to fly...all joking aside...numbers and me just do not mix.
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby tara » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 pm

me and numbers dont mix either. i am the girl that they invented calculators for - i'm damn sure of it!!

i have a cheeky little helper guide thats brilliant for the tables. i'll bring it down with me.
it got me a great mark in the exam so i think it works for some people
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby taylerr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 pm

tara wrote:becs ... hows that DM application coming along?

I've gone from thinking about doing it, to talking about thinking about doing it, to talking about doing it. I'd say I'm making progress. One day I might actually do it :D

Truth is I'll seriously look at starting it mid-year. Till then I'm going to make like a procrastinator!!!
taylerr
NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby tara » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 pm

arriving next monday night at 8.30. not due to come back to auckland til the following tuesday.
thinking i will just bring all my gear so i wouldnt mind more than one dive!!

physics is cool once you get a bit of an understanding. do you guys have the diving knowledge workbook as well as the encyclopedia?
(i want the digital version of the encyclopedia)
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby tara » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 pm

cheers P :D
tara
Dive Mistress

Previous

Return to Recreational