First padi open water course help?

To discuss recreational diving, training, standards and continuing education.

Re: First padi open water course help?

Postby Phantom Menace » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Oh, and on the mask clearing front - one of the more impressive "mask clears" I have seen in a pool was completed by a gentleman by the name of Guy Brew who came along to underwater rugby one night earlier this year.

He was visiting from Wellington and had never played the game before. About half-way through the night he had been down on the bottom of the pool for a while before his mask was bumped and filled with water. He calmly stayed there, cleared it and then carried on playing - all on the one breath. But then I guess he had recently won the gold medal for static breathhold at the AIDA world free-diving champs with a time of 8 minutes or so (and holds the NZ record of 9'03" ).

Don't worry, if you are contemplating coming to UW Rugby for a look don't expect us to be at that level of breath hold - we really just play for a bit of fun and regular exercise that helps us with our free-diving / spearfishing / SCUBA diving fitness (and to tell a few stories to each other as well).
Phantom Menace

Re: First padi open water course help?

Postby Talr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:21 am

yeah sorry i used the wrong word i deff haven't mastered it haha dont take that literally, but by the time i finished it i could clear my mask..my panic made it clear in one blow hahaha
Talr

Previous

Return to Recreational