Nat Geo Adventure channel

Current diving information, topical reports and industry news.

Nat Geo Adventure channel

Postby Garry » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Hey all,
This is my first post, so if i rip open old wounds or an old topic i am awfully sorry...

As mentioned in the subject, I watched the Nat Geo Adventure channel on friday night 00.00 AEST... the programme was called "expeditions to the edge" or "expeditions beyond the edge"

In either case I watched this programme, it was about cave diving in New Zealand... This particular cave they documented was "PEARSE RESURGENCE"... now I know that cave diving is very dangerous and only very experienced divers with the appropriate training and gear should even think about attempting. I for now am not even thinking about it, but am very interesting in reading the fall out information of the accident....

The expedition was to go further in the system than anybody previously had done, and using air as they only had a slim budget...

I can't remember the victims name but I remember the survivor's name which was Kieran.... they recovered the body of the victim 18months after the accident...

So; apologies again if I am opening up old wounds but I would like to read the media reports etc on it, have been looking online for relevant information but its pretty hard when you don't have all the facts for the search... ie year of accident and people involved....

If someone could point me in the right direction with the relevant details would be much appreciated...

Thanks for your time...

Happy Diving

Garry from australia!! :D
Garry

Postby Xman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:12 pm

ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby Garry » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 pm

thankyou xman, much appreciated..

thought it was more recent than 1995..
Garry