Where and when are you diving next?

Current diving information, topical reports and industry news.

Where and when are you diving next?

Postby DiveDiva » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 am

I am planning on diving the Waikato next week. I have never dived it before so I'm quite excited :D In fact, it's a while since I did a wreck dive.

For those who have dived it, what's it like? Any tips? :mrgreen:
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Re: Where and when are you diving next?

Postby taylerr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Tomorrow hopefully. the plan was for Rocky Bay (again) but looking at the New Zealand flag flying proudly on top of the Beehive I'd say the dive site may need to be re-evaluated!!
taylerr
NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Xman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Have a cold currently :evil: , but once better I'm heading up to the Bay of Islands to dive the Rainbow Warrior, and probably out to the Knights. What good are holidays if you get sick... argghhh
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby DiveDiva » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Xman wrote:Have a cold currently :evil: , but once better I'm heading up to the Bay of Islands to dive the Rainbow Warrior, and probably out to the Knights. What good are holidays if you get sick... argghhh

When are you doing the Rainbow Warrior - I would LOVE to do that dive? Any room on the boat? :D
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Xman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 pm

DiveDiva wrote:
Xman wrote:Have a cold currently :evil: , but once better I'm heading up to the Bay of Islands to dive the Rainbow Warrior, and probably out to the Knights. What good are holidays if you get sick... argghhh

When are you doing the Rainbow Warrior - I would LOVE to do that dive? Any room on the boat? :D

It will come down to when I get better. Not sure on the logistics yet but will keep you in the loop.
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Speak to Tristan J at D!T - Tris probably knows the Waikato better than most of the people who served on her!! It was a while ago now that he did his 100th dive on her, and a lot of those are spent burrowed on the inside.

It's definitely a nice dive!

Off to the lake tomorrow with Flipper and Liam Allan from Dive Bondi, part of our GUE-F course.... will give a full update on the course on Sunday, but our first pool session and video analysis today was great!
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to News & Reviews