MEt service has issued a Severe weather forecast for the northern region.
please see below.
(and take care out there).
MetService has maintained the Severe Weather Watch for Auckland. We can expect:
1. Rainfall is expected to continue falling across the region through to Wednesday.
2. It will be heaviest in the North of Auckland where totals may reach 100mm from this afternoon and into tonight.
3. The rest of the region should expect up to 50mm however, totals may exceed this in places.
4. Northeast winds are expected to rise to 70km/hr later today with gusts approaching 90 – 100km/hr.
5. Winds are already at gale force speed in the northern gulf.
6. Wave splash from rough seas may affect low lying areas at high tide times tonight and tomorrow.
Some models indicate that Westerly winds on Wednesday could reach Severe Gale (120km/hr) strength in Auckland.