NZUA December Update

Current diving information, topical reports and industry news.

NZUA December Update

Postby divepirate » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Please see link to the Latest Update here...

[url]http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=892c6b3ed50439c35d30dcd0f&id=ca1aa3dfcc&e=[UNIQID][/url]
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Re: NZUA December Update

Postby Phantom Menace » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks for posting this.

The proof-reader in me picked up a couple of typos / spelling mistakes:
"Alcahol" is not quite spelt that way :D
The "Representation" section is repeated
and, the closing comment at the very end "Your text caption goes here" probably needs to be edited / removed.

(I was in "proof read" mode as I have just been reviewing draft documents at work before they get sent to a wide audience.)

Also, I know a few folks who would question the statement "NZUA represent all underwater activities, actively getting involved in relevant issues." It would be good if it did and, as you know, I and others are happy to engage from a UWR and free diving perspective - the ball is in NZUAs court at the moment.
Phantom Menace

Postby divepirate » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:47 am

NZUA is currently in the process of Engaging underwater sports of all forms.

We are working to grow the coverage as, it is becoming more necessary to have a representative body for the promotion and administration of underwater sports.
This is especially important where a smaller organisation such as underwater rugby (which is growing) needs to have a point of contact for administration and membership, but also for the ability to have representation at governmental level.

I will pass your comments onto the rest of the board and I appreciate your feedback in respect of the NZUA Posting.

This is a step to getting out a regular bulletin outlining the recent happening's in the dive and underwater sectors.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks Matt,

I discussed this a few months ago with Joerg from UWR Wellington (who provide the UWR report to NZUA for a previous AGM), James (who took over from me in organising UWR in Auckland) and with Phil (AIDA NZ president - who provided a freediving report to NZU also).

All are keen to engage with NZUA.
Phantom Menace

Postby divepirate » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 am

Lets get a meeting arranged with NZUA at the next board meeting, (or at some other time) and see what NZUA can do to assist with the promotion of both sports.

I look forward to catching up with you.
P.s. thanks for the links to the video's it looks like quite an awesome sport...
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 pm

When do NZUA want to meet?
Phantom Menace

Return to News & Reviews