WANTED: torch

For second hand diving and diving accessory equipment sales! Selling something on Trade Me, why not try here - we won't charge ya!

WANTED: torch

Postby sugee » Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm thinking of getting a torch that I'll be using mostly for safety signal and looking under the rock. In other word, cheap and cheerful :lol:

I'm up for any homemade gear if anyone have one as long as its reliable enough. I have invested on some 18650 batt through some other hobby if that is a better option.

Thanks
sugee

Re: WANTED: torch

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue May 27, 2014 5:21 pm

I have a dive light addiction. Its so bad I had to buy a lather to make even more dive lights. My personal dive light inventory is at least 3 can lights,6 hand held lights, 4 video lights. Plus some more I have imported to on sell. Check out Wired Wilson on facebook for more info on the ones I sell.

Be careful of some of the lights that are sold on Trade Me. Most are highly over rated and poorly designed.

Greg
ChuckyBob

Postby sugee » Tue May 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Sweet.. Messaged you on fb. Yeah i was a bit unsure with some of the claim on tm ones.
sugee

Postby Ali Perkins » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:32 am

Did you find a torch you liked? I tried to send you a private message about this a while back but now that I check my outbox I see it has disappeared. I have some torches (even new and unused) that are superfluous to my requirements if you're interested.
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby sugee » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

I checked my inbox again but dont see a msg from you though. Are you going to clubnight on monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sugee

Postby Ali Perkins » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 am

The BBS meeting? I am supposed to be giving a talk on cave diving in Mexico but I have a sketchy throat at the moment so I'm not sure if my voice will hold up.
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby Ali Perkins » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:02 pm

I have an Ikelite PC LED torch that may interest you. Black, brand new in original packaging and never used. Takes 4 x C batteries (not included). Comes with lanyard and silicone lubricant for the orings.

http://www.ikelite.com/lighting/1780-pc-led.html
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby sugee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:18 pm

I would be keen to come and hear about your cave dive Ali. I've just scored AL mini vega torch that i swapped with led bulb. Problem is the lense is so badly scratched that it give spiderweb impression when its on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sugee

Postby ChuckyBob » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 pm

the scratches will probably disappear underwater.
ChuckyBob

Postby sugee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Ah ha.. Exactly what i thought too. Hopefully i'll get it wet soon. I noticed the o-rings has bristled out a bit, anyone know place that sell o-ring this size? Approx betwen 10-15cm in dia.
sugee

Postby DiveDR » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Bring it on in and we will sort it for ya.
www.divedoctor.co.nz - everything diving
DiveDR

Postby sugee » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Just a quick follow up on AL mini vega. It was very dim when compared to the other guys on last dive, but then again all have latest led ones. The amazing thing is how neutrally buoyant this thing is, unlike most of torches. It uses 4D batteries yet it stays neutral when left from my hand. Its really useful when you're trying to work on the reel and this thing just float neutrally next to you.
sugee

Return to For Sale and Wanted