Hello

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hello

Postby Jason » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 am

Hello everyone. Just joined and although I live just outta Sydney and dive mostly the Illawarra region and a bit of the Sapphire Coast, I do venture over the Tasman Sea as much as possible to enjoy New Zealands great Diving and hospitality. :)
Just drifting along with whatever is current.
Currently I'm reading : The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley.
Jason

Re: Hello

Postby NEMES1S » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome dude!! Dudess...whichever... (Very PC today..ha ha)

SDNZ is getting bigger and bigger by the day,its great to see!! :D
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby DiveDiva » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:10 am

Hi Vampire Squid (love the name!) & welcome to the forum!

When are you next headed to our shores?
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Xman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Welcome to the board.
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Cheers

Postby Jason » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:55 pm

T'anx everyone. Love to Dive with you all but I'm driftin' around the 80+ dive mark and still to do my Rescue & DiveMasters (via United Divers) so I might be a bit of an undercurrent compared to a few of youse. None the less, I won't say no if you've got the patience. My weak-spot when it comes to Diving is the Tables and anything Mathematical (I'm very much a mental Snail when it comes to this stuff...in fact I'm probably more Clever than I am Smart).
I'm looking to visit the 'Waters of Paua Colours' late next year and it looks like I'll be diving White Island and around to Napier.
I'm a big fan of Dive Pacific and am impressed with Kiwi Diving all up.
My ultimate New Zealand Dive would be (and it occurs rarely) when a certain part of NZ floods and you can Scuba through the TreeTops of a Forest with pretty good viz. :)
Jason

Re: Cheers

Postby NEMES1S » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Vampire Squid wrote:T'anx everyone. Love to Dive with you all but I'm driftin' around the 80+ dive mark and still to do my Rescue & DiveMasters (via United Divers) so I might be a bit of an undercurrent compared to a few of youse. None the less, I won't say no if you've got the patience. My weak-spot when it comes to Diving is the Tables and anything Mathematical (I'm very much a mental Snail when it comes to this stuff...in fact I'm probably more Clever than I am Smart).

Squid I am absolutely with you there...with me when i look at the page of numbers its just a blur...I ofte wondered if you can be dyslexic for numbers.. or if there is some similar affliction.. :lol:

If I can visulaise what I am doing its half the battle...for me with maths though.

Get me in the water though....all good..
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Jason » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Yeah Maths is a tedious journey and my sister was Dux at Uni with the stuff. I only paid attention to School Excursions and Kiama Blowhole was one of my favourites (Along with the Underwater World at the Nat Aust Museum)- I never would have thought that decades later I would be doing some Diving in the famous Blowhole. I do know that I have to do a 'review' course regarding Tables to make myself a bit more easy with the stuff though. I'm glad we have computers. :)
Jason

Return to Haere mai!