Hiya

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hiya

Postby Ginga Squid » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi. I arrived here in NZ last year. I'm an ex-Brit :mrgreen: but have worked all over the world - sometimes as a dive instructor/DM. My best diving place in the world (so far) is Galapagos, where I was lucky enough to spend over a month just diving. Even got to go to the northern-most islands there called Darwin and Wolf (really just big rocks in the middle of nowhere). Changed my life for the better!

Was also a DM/chief stewardess on a huge private yacht, cruising all over - from NZ via Samoa & Hawaii to Alaska then all the way down through Panama Canal (stop-off at Cocos Islands) and around the Carribean.

Have also lived a while in Thailand, SA and now here in NZ to settle. Got 2 little kiddies under 4 years - so although I had my divegear serviced on arriving here, I have yet to leave them and venture into the (icy) NZ water :oops: .....!

I am now a (struggling) artist & jewellery designer! I like to paint fish....
Ginga Squid loves art jewellery....@ www.GingaSquid.com
Ginga Squid

Re: Hiya

Postby Jason » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Welcome squidgy!
Just drifting along with whatever is current.
Currently I'm reading : The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley.
Jason

Postby NEMES1S » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:38 pm

Welcome aboard,sounds like you have really travelled...awesome...and was that SA as in South Africa or South Australia bru...?
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby tara » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:39 am

hi there and welcome!!

i dived the galapagos last year too - but we didnt make it out to darwin and wolf unfortunately. it remains on my list of things to do.

where are you based in new zealand?
if you want to venture out sometime on an auckland shore dive, i'm arranging one next weekend.
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby DiveDiva » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:12 am

Wow! Just had a look at your website :D

Welcome to the forum! Whereabouts in the UK are you from (anywhere near Leighton Buzzard? My home town :)) And whereabouts have you decided to settle in the Land of the Long White Cloud?

It sounds like you've had an amazing diving life so far - I would LOVE to go to the Galapagos Islands!

as you may have gathered, there are a lot of dives happening so just let us know if you'd like to join in for a splash! :mrgreen:
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Andy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Ginga Squid wrote:Have also lived a while in Thailand, SA and now here in NZ to settle. Got 2 little kiddies under 4 years - so although I had my divegear serviced on arriving here, I have yet to leave them and venture into the (icy) NZ water :oops: .....!

Go on, you know you want to!! Summer is here and the water is warming up....

Welcome to the forum!
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to Haere mai!