Howsit from Rotorua

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Howsit from Rotorua

Postby nz_dive_junkie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 am

Hey guys,
Howsit all going? Well first off as it says, i am from that smelly town slap bang in the middle of nowhere....hang on, only joking, its a great little town. Yes Rotorua has got some good freshwater dive spots around the place, so if any of you are around these parts of the country give me a shout im always up for a dive.

Anyway cheers,

nz_dive_junkie
nz_dive_junkie

Re: Howsit from Rotorua

Postby NEMES1S » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:37 am

nz_dive_junkie wrote:Hey guys,
Howsit all going? Well first off as it says, i am from that smelly town slap bang in the middle of nowhere....hang on, only joking, its a great little town. Yes Rotorua has got some good freshwater dive spots around the place, so if any of you are around these parts of the country give me a shout im always up for a dive.

Anyway cheers,

nz_dive_junkie

Sounds good man... :D
Welcome aboard the good ship SDNZ
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Chels » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 am

Vice versa as well...if you're ever in Wellywood, you'd be more than welcome to come out with the crew :D

Yes yes...tell us more about this freshwater diving :D
To infinity and beyond!!!
Chels
NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby nz_dive_junkie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:18 pm

First off thanks everyone.

lol yea i laughed when i first saw the avatar to, and i sed i gotta have it.

well you asked about the green lake... the lake is considered tapu, so the locals dont want anyone going in it or on it at all.

blue lake is really silty but it is a real good lake to get your bouyancy right, the flora and fauna is real sparse.... yet to see any trout in there to date.

tarawera is a real dark and gloomy lake but perfect for night dives becuase it make is even darker. the flora and fauna in it is more prominent.

lake okatiana has a sunken Pa in it and you can clearly see the palacades around the pa. the only problem is you have to get concent from dock but that is pretty easy to come by apparently.

lake rotoma is the lake we normally dive in. it is perfect for training in, there is a sunken powerboat which makes a break from the norm for us freshwater bugs. there is also a drowned pa in this lake too.

there is a small cave dive at the hamurana springs. i dont know much about this one.

the best of all has to be the drift dive down the waikato in taupo. you start at cherry island and end up at reids farm. has to be the best of my dives so far as the water is real swift and normally pretty clear to.

hope this all helps.
nz_dive_junkie

Postby Andy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:22 am

nz_dive_junkie wrote:lake okatiana has a sunken Pa in it and you can clearly see the palacades around the pa. the only problem is you have to get concent from dock but that is pretty easy to come by apparently.

lake rotoma is the lake we normally dive in. it is perfect for training in, there is a sunken powerboat which makes a break from the norm for us freshwater bugs. there is also a drowned pa in this lake too.

Diving a pa would actually be quite cool!

there is a small cave dive at the hamurana springs. i dont know much about this one.

Now we're talking! Might need to do some research on this one, I think... :D
Andy
Serial Poster

Return to Haere mai!