hi all....a little about me

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

hi all....a little about me

Postby drew74 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:53 pm

just a quick note to say hi, am signing up here as i have been diving now for a year and are keen learn all the little tips and if there are any trips etc.
I learned to dive a year ago so am still a newbie in the grand scheme of things but i am starting to clock up the dives now and get a few specialty courses under my belt. Most of my diving has been mainly in kaikoura but is also keen to find local spots about banks peninsular etc.

Am always keen to meet new people and find some dive buddies to help get out there and enjoy it all.

Cheers
drew
drew74

Re: hi all....a little about me

Postby Refraction » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey! Welcome aboard :)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”
Refraction

Postby DiveDiva » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Drew,

Welcome to SDNZ. I used to live down that way - beautiful coastline!

Look forward to hearing more about you!

DD
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby drew74 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:48 pm

hey thanks for the warm welcome people.

hehehe, yer plenty of crays...not that i have found many, well ones big enough to take home that is.
although it is cool to see them walking about on the open sandy bottoms at night.
drew74

Postby andyinthebox » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:15 pm

hey do you get out to bushett shoals very often? quite a few mates have dived it but ive never had a chance to have a look sounds good though....
Last edited by andyinthebox on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Account suspended by administrator
andyinthebox
Membership suspended

Postby drew74 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 pm

andyinthebox wrote:hey do you get out to bushett shoals very often? quite a few mates have dived it but ive never had a chance to have a look sounds good though....

No i havent yet, but it is on my list of places to check out, as i understand, its a big kelp forest on a reef? im looking at it on my chart now and it show what looks to be a series of pinicals rising from 30-40 meter plateau to 3.6-7 meters but droping away to a 500+meter trough on the east side. sound cool hua :D

i have a friend who has told me about a wreck of the canterbury coast, an old fishing boat i think, out from the new brighton pier, would be keen to check that out too if i could get more info.
drew74

Postby Chels » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:49 am

Kia ora Drew!!! Welcome aboard...if you're ever in Wellys (and i'm sure the others will post too!) giz a shout, the 99 crew would love to take you out for a dive or two in the capital!
To infinity and beyond!!!
Chels
NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby andyinthebox » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:36 am

yeah really nice kelp covered area apparently just shelves upon shelves of crayfish also supposed to have schools of puka at certain times of the year along with the usual trumpeter cod and moki etc
Last edited by andyinthebox on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyinthebox
Membership suspended

Postby drew74 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Chels wrote:Kia ora Drew!!! Welcome aboard...if you're ever in Wellys (and i'm sure the others will post too!) giz a shout, the 99 crew would love to take you out for a dive or two in the capital!

hey there, thanks, am quite keen on some wrecks up there, im ex navy so am interested in the wellington or waitato, cant remember which it is off the south coast. will be intouch some time, thanks.
drew74

Postby drew74 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:26 pm

andyinthebox wrote:yeah really nice kelp covered area apparently just shelves upon shelves of crayfish also supposed to have schools of puka at certain times of the year along with the usual trumpeter cod and moki etc

hehehe, cool, sounds yummy, i'll make sure i pack the spear as well as the camera, catch-bag etc etc etc....hehehe.
drew74

Postby Scuba Sam » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am

Hi drew74, Welcome to the forums. The Waikato is up here in Northland - I got to tour on her when she was a working ship, so really cool to dive on her now. Two memories of touring on her - the Laundryman was actually Chinese, and the officers were very friendly to a couple of young gals :wink: :wink: It would be even more special diving on these vessels if you had actually served on them!! Happy diving.
Scuba Sam

Postby andyinthebox » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm

might try and hit the shoals west or east when im down over the next few weeks.....you seen any warehou in kaikoura before?
andyinthebox
Membership suspended

Postby drew74 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am

Scuba Sam wrote:Hi drew74, Welcome to the forums. The Waikato is up here in Northland - I got to tour on her when she was a working ship, so really cool to dive on her now. Two memories of touring on her - the Laundryman was actually Chinese, and the officers were very friendly to a couple of young gals :wink: :wink: It would be even more special diving on these vessels if you had actually served on them!! Happy diving.

hi there sam, thanks for the info, that would make the one off the south coast of wellington the wellington, hehehe, go figger :roll:
yer im exnavy myself and did spend a short time posted to Canterbury so would love the chance to visit her at deep water cove in the BOI. i have been following the articals that come up in the Dive NZ mag, looks like she gonna make a nice dive spot, pitty she didn't get layed to rest down here though, but thats a differant story.
cheers
drew74

Postby drew74 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:24 am

andyinthebox wrote:might try and hit the shoals west or east when im down over the next few weeks.....you seen any warehou in kaikoura before?

cool mate, well if your keen on some more company and im not working let me know. sorry no i havent see any warehou as yet.
drew74

Return to Haere mai!