Hello From New Jersey!

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hello From New Jersey!

Postby DeepSeaDetective » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:22 am

Hey
I just signed up, but I am not new to NZ diving. I have had a week of great wrecking on the Lermie a few years back, and am looking forward to a return in 2010. I am trying to add more time to see all htese great sites and wrecks posted here on the boards but ai have the same problem we all share, so many great dives, so litte time!!!
Cheers,
Richie Kohler
DeepSeaDetective

Re: Hello From New Jersey!

Postby tara » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 am

welcome ritchie,

great to have you on board.
the other wreck pete is talking about is the tui.
then there is the canterbury, rainbow warrior, wellington ...... we could go on but you should just come over :)
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby DiveDiva » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 am

Welcome to the forum Richie!

I have not yet dived the Lermie but I hope to in 2010 (also planning on Truk Lagoon that year so had better start saving!!). It was great to meet you at OzTeK and I can't wait to show you the Poor Knights :wink:

DD (Rachel)
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

Nice one, Richie! It''s great to have such an accomplished diver in our midst. Welcome.
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby NEMES1S » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Welcome aboard... :D
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Postby Xman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Richie. Great to have such an experienced wreck diver on the board.
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby binklebonk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Greetings Mr Kohler! Fess up now, you're gonna come over here and sniff round for that "U-boat with the Nazi loot" off Kaipara eh? :lol:
binklebonk

Postby DeepSeaDetective » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 am

Well Hello and thanks for the warm welcome! I am flattered for certain!

I met the Dive Diva and Pistol Packing Pete M at the Oztek dive show, (or Aussie drinking competition as it should be named), a few weeks back. It was easy to see how each was very different; one a die hard tech and hairy assed wrecker, the other an up and comer but accomplished and passionate sport diver, but both had the fire, passion and need to share their love of diving with others. The social component has always been a key part of the attraction for me, when you think about it, we as divers talk, dream, plan and plot about diving more then we ever do it...and sharing those dreams and passions with our kindred spirits, (over some spirits it seems) is the next best thing to being there.
I look forward to my return to NZ and hopefully drinking and telling lies with some, if not all of you!
Cheers,
Richie Kohler
DeepSeaDetective

Postby Andy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:40 am

DeepSeaDetective wrote:I met the Dive Diva and Pistol Packing Pete M at the Oztek dive show, (or Aussie drinking competition as it should be named), a few weeks back. It was easy to see how each was very different; one a die hard tech and hairy assed wrecker, the other an up and comer but accomplished and passionate sport diver

I'm not sure that I'd describe Pete as a "up and coming but accomplished sport diver"!? :lol: :lol:
Andy
Serial Poster

Postby DiveDiva » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:52 am

Andy wrote:
DeepSeaDetective wrote:I met the Dive Diva and Pistol Packing Pete M at the Oztek dive show, (or Aussie drinking competition as it should be named), a few weeks back. It was easy to see how each was very different; one a die hard tech and hairy assed wrecker, the other an up and comer but accomplished and passionate sport diver

I'm not sure that I'd describe Pete as a "up and coming but accomplished sport diver"!? :lol: :lol:

And I'm not sure Richie knows me well enough to know whether I have a hairy ar$e or not!!! (I don't btw and I'm also not tech so let's assume he meant them the other way around!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

OzTeK definitely should be renamed the Aussie drinking comp - I'm still recovering. I'm still finishing off the report on the event (!) So much happened over 48 hours and it's quite difficult to capture the event as a whole (without writing a book about it). So, guys, next time you'll definitely have to come along too! It's well worth it. You get to meet guys like Richie :D Everyone has heaps of fun getting to know eachother and leaves inspired to take on the next personal or professional diving challenge...whatever that may be.
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Return to Haere mai!