tara - In It to Win It **aka- regulars intro thread**

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Re: tara - In It to Win It **aka- regulars intro thread**

Postby tara » Thu May 07, 2009 2:24 pm

my nutritionist informed me last night that i can have 2 g&t's or 1 glass of wine.

sorry wine. you lose.
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby tara » Thu May 07, 2009 2:45 pm

unfortunately .. yes.

shes pretty quick and knows i am sneaky so she got that information in there first!!
tara
Dive Mistress

Postby Tony » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

Hi guys,
I'm Tony and I'm not in IT or not regularly anyway, am usually just a primary school teacher in Mangere by weekday (though I do dabble a bit with IT at school on a non expert basis) and obsessed diver by weekend. Love being underwater especially deep inside shipwrecks, though on that score am only just starting to learn especially seeing as the wrecks I dive regularly are specifically sunk for that purpose - to get a real taste of wrecks I'd have to dive a real one, and probably scare the wits out of me LOL. Often take my camera on dives though many of the photos leave a bit to be desired at this stage i'm gradually learning to improve my photos by proper composition and careful choices. Was part of the Dive HQ Greenlane club and still dive regularly with the team from there. Did most of my training with either Jamie Obern or Andy Connor and am trying to improve my skills. Recently finished my DM, which was a really big learning experience especially with regards to the skill and thought improvement. Long way to go before I'd even be close to being able to do what I want to do with regards to diving, have much better bouyancy and control of my position, and thanks to Andy's SRD course I've dropped a couple of kg's off my belt. Have been working on my breath control for quite a while by doing some freedive training with No Bubbles (Fran Rose & John ) which I think has helped me with this one, though I guess thats my personal belief.

At the moment I dive with the following
Mares Rover BCD and Rebel Regs (1st and 2nd stage + Octi)
Wetsuit
Mares X Vision mask
Nemo stainless dive computer
Panasonic FS3 Camera & Case
+ other stuff dependent on dive site and purpose

Am keen to look at the Halcyon backplate and wing but the budget doesn't stretch far enough for that or for a drysuit as of yet. Have been doing a lot of diving with MikeS, ChrisB, Jamie, Andy, and others lately.

Regards
Tony
:D
You know the speed of light. So what is the speed of dark?
Tony

Previous

Return to Haere mai!