HI EVERYONE

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

HI EVERYONE

Postby sludge » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello.
My name is Shaun and after moving from Wellington to New Plymouth 12 months ago I decided late last year to give diving a go. WOW!! :D What an amazing experience and was instantly hooked. After buying all my gear the problem I am facing at the moment is no dive buddy to go out with and therefore only gone once since getting OW certified :cry:
The team at Taranaki dive shop are fantastic but are simply way too busy to get past & present students together for a group dive and I really want to get out and get more dives logged, take photos, catch crays, scallops etc but simply don't know enough people and/or especially people that dive.
I NEED A DIVE BUDDY OR DIVE GROUP TO JOIN.
If anyone can help it would be really appreciated. Also will be in Auckland in October and hoping to get out on my brother in laws boat at Gulf Harbour it would be cool if you all new of great dive spots around the Army Bay, Double Bay area that you could recommend. :wink:
Many thanks.
sludge

Re: HI EVERYONE

Postby guru » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Hate to say it but you moved from an excellent diving area! You'll have to come back down to Wellington and jump in the water here at some point to see what we mean.
I have heard of something called the South Taranaki Underwater Club, but not sure how active it is. I'm sure someone around here will know people near the area who are keen to head out!
Self confessed IT hack and genuine nutjob.
Wise words of Mr Miyagi: "Don't forget breathe..very important!"
guru

Postby sludge » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks Guru,
I'll look into that.
sludge

Postby craigsmith » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Warm greeting to you.
i am also new here.
love scuba diving.