Hey there folks (gudday)

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hey there folks (gudday)

Postby Frosty » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 am

Hi folks. Thought it would just be plum rude not to introduce myself. I guess I'd call myself a born again diver.Started out 30 years ago with fins mask and snorkle on endless familly holidays and weekends on the Cormandel and upper east coast of godzone. A good mate introduced me to tank (scuba) diving and we did half a dozen dives. I thought it was fun but other sports were always there so I just never kept things up or progressed.
Fast forwards 29 years and heck I'm working 7 days a week and have a family ,all water babies.
On a familly holiday a couple of years back my fantastic wife organised me a pool dive in australia.
As pool dives go it just couldn't have been better. In the Marriots pool in surfers. They created an artificial "reef" and beach complete with a range of fish and 3.0m deep. Hey tame stuff for you guys but what a buzz.
It gave me a tiny taste of what I've been missing out on.
With the buisiness getting darned busy I diddn't have time to think about diving (or much else except work) Untill our holiday this year
So this year I bit the bullet and did my open water course. I was lucky enough to do it whilst in Fiji so the training dives were spectacular.(well they were to my new diver eyes anyways) Almost hard to concentrate on what I'm learning with so much to see.
I've done only a total of 7 dives so far but I've already organised 3 or 5 dives. So yep a newbee to this whole diving game. (so please forgive the plumb dumb questions)
Last edited by Frosty on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frosty

Re: Hey there folks (gudday)

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Frosty and welcome.
Where are you planning on diving next?
ChuckyBob

Postby Frosty » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 am

ChuckyBob wrote:Hi Frosty and welcome.
Where are you planning on diving next?

Hey thanks a million Bob
Its not so much "next" because the whole reason to join here it to find out more about NZ diving and dive folks.
But I've got a definite 3 (hopefully 6) dive trip organised in Rarotonga at easter. The plan is to do my advanced open water ticket.
Frosty

Postby NEMES1S » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Welcome aboard ...!
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Return to Haere mai!