Aussie Visit

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Aussie Visit

Postby Trevor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:56 am

Hi All
I want to introduce myself and get some local knowledge for our dive visit in Feb/March 2011. I am a PADI MSD who dives with a club called Victorian Sub Aqua Group (VSAG). VSAG has been around for about 50 years. A group of us are visiting Tutukaka and Paihia. We have guided dives at each site, though generally we are experienced divers and a good pre-briefing at each site is sufficient.

I'd be interested in your experiences that might add value to our trip. I'm also interested in general diving natter. I personally have visited NZ a few times now, but this will be my first dive trip.

With VSAG we dive very frequently in Port Phillip Bay (heads area) and out into Bass Strait. This is cool temperate diving at the intersection of 3 oceans so the marine environment has great variety. We have the ships graveyard, so wreck diving is a regular feature on our dive days. I also work a lot in Canberra which has given me the oportunity to dive the NSW south coast. Generally I do this with what is far and away the best commercial dive operator I've seen, which sets the bar pretty high for me for commercial operations.

I really enjoy visiting NZ because you lot are similar to Aussies in a lot of ways but different enough to make life a little bit edgy.

Interested in your thoughts
Trevor
Trevor

Re: Aussie Visit

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Welcome aboard Trevor
Take a look at Dive! Tutukaka (*site sponser*) as if you have a large-enough group they may give you a boat and skipper to take you out to the Poor Knights Islands... Their team are excellent, the briefings are superb, and the warming cup-a-soups are pretty good in between dives.
Sometimes I think I understand EVERYTHING ---- then I regain consciousness
ChrisB

Re: Aussie Visit

Postby Cameron_R » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Trevor, look up Northland Dive for your Bay of Islands (Canterbury, and Rainbow Warrior) section. Much cheaper, better fit for groups and will cater to every need of divers.

http://www.northlanddive.com/
Cameron_R

Return to Haere mai!