Hello

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hello

Postby rambaldi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 am

Hi everyone,

I am an Aucklander, currently doing a PhD in Engineering. I dive with the Auckland Uni club (AUUC). I recently got back into diving thanks to the club, or to be more accurate actually into diving. Prior to that I hadn't dived in 5 years, when I did a refresher course on a trip back to South Africa (where I am originally from). My refresher was itself 5 years after my Open Water 1 course (NAUI certified) which was also conducted in South Africa, I did get one trip in NZ soon after coming back from that vacation though, had a great time up at Goat Island.

At the moment I am very much looking forward to the Advanced course I will be doing at the end of the month, and getting lots of of diving in else wise. Had a great time on the Rainbow Warrior (when I actually managed to find it, first trip out my buddies and I went in the wrong direction) and I hope to see a few more. Eventually I want to get into tech diving and maybe caves but it will be a while yet before I get there.

Cheers.
rambaldi

Re: Hello

Postby divepirate » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 pm

I am sorry that you have not had a reply prior to this, but welcome.

I hope the Advanced course went well, and you are on the track to your goals.
I am certain you will find some good contacts here to push on with your adventurous aspirations.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Re: Hello

Postby rambaldi » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:07 am

Unfortunately the course didn't go so well, I felt a bit like I was getting sick before it started. First day of dives went fineish but then second day I couldn't equalise. I will be back up soon though and will get to finish my course then.

Thanks for the welcome :)
rambaldi

Return to Haere mai!