Hello All

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hello All

Postby Steelo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Hello
Ive already made some posts and now I see this introduction thingy here.
My name is warwick im 43 yrs old.
I did my OW soon followed by AOW at "The Academy" in paeroa back in 96 (not 94 as I mentioned in an earlier post :oops: )
Did a few Paeroa club trips straight away,Poor knights, slipper is, astrolabe then moved to Tauranga where I still am today.I was lucky enough to hook up with a few divers at the new work place.I wish id kept logging my dives but id say im into the early 300's.
My wife got her ow ticket soon after we met but gave it up after a while, the bulk of my diving has been hunter gatherer stuff,crays scollops and although I still love doing that I feel like it might be time to expand the horizons, wreck diving has always tickled my fancy,i was born in Honiara Solomon Is and the old man used to tell us stories of salvage diving over there and a place called the iron bottom sound with all the war wrecks,it always fascinated me.
Ive got the Taioma on my back door step and never dived it because its a "no take"zone....
Right that does it,
im leaving the catch bag on the boat and im guna do it!
Thanks Everyone your an inspiration!

Wait should I train for that first mmmmm
Steelo

Re: Hello All

Postby divepirate » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Welcome.

Always good to hear others seeing that diving is not just about hunting and gathering.

There many different topics of interest with equally varied opinions represented here.

Welcome..
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Re: Hello All

Postby Steelo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks Matt
Your right about the varied topics, I had no idea of all the different types of tech diving etc out there,ive heard of nitrox before that's about it, its been great reading about all this stuff and like I said its been really inspirational. :mrgreen:
Steelo

Return to Haere mai!