Hello from your old administrator!

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Hello from your old administrator!

Postby DiveDiva » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:26 am

Kia ora!

My name is Rachel (aka DiveDiva) and I am the founder of this lovely diving forum! I am so pleased that it's still going strong and also to see some familiar names popping up!

For those of you who don't know me, I moved back to the UK just over 5 years ago to start a family and sadly, haven't really dived since (I did a series of 'Seal Team' sessions in my local pool last year but that's it!)

I'm going to spend a bit of time reading up on all your news and probably making myself quite jealous in doing so!

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi". It's been too long and I hope to travel over to NZ in the not so distant future and maybe join you for a dive!

DD x
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Re: Hello from your old administrator!

Postby Ali Perkins » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:51 am

Hi Rachel,

Great to hear from you! We miss you here in New Zealand. Get in touch if you come for a visit. Would love to dive and catch up.

Sadly the New Zealand scuba forum is as good as dead these days. Almost no interaction. Makes me a little bit sad as I do think this was a great tool to reach divers around the nation beyond your own little diving circle. Sadly none of those divers are on here anymore so while it's a great tool it's not very effective.

I check the site from time to time using Tapatalk on my mobile so that makes it really easy to touch base and say hello to anyone passing through.

I just put together a little video - I'll share that now and see if anyone pops up. But don't take it personally if you don't get other responses. I just don't think anyone is on here anymore. :-(

Cheers,
Ali
To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby rambaldi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:34 pm

I think most people have moved on to Facebook for discussing diving and the like which is a great shame. It is very difficult on there to meet other divers you don't already know.

Welcome back DiveDiva :)
rambaldi

Postby DiveDiva » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:10 am

Hey guys!

Yes, I took a little look the other day and it looked more populated than it actually was (there were about a million unread messages - oops!)

Where's your video Ali? I would love to see it!

Maybe when people get board with Facebook (I know I am a little bit and that is saying something!) Might do a shout out on there and get people back on here :evil:

Lovely to hear from you both!

DD x
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Welcome back :)

Lately it looks like Ali and I are the most prolific posters (and that is saying something) and I must admit that I have a slight ulterior motive - the promotion of freediving in a safe environment where the risks are managed.
Phantom Menace

Postby DiveDiva » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 pm

'ello!

That is a very honorable ulterior motive in my book ;)

Glad you're still here!

DD
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Ali Perkins » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:13 am

To view the underwater photography of Alison Perkins from InspiredToDive.com - visit http://www.inspiredtodive.com
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Postby DiveDiva » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 am

You and your anemones Ali!! GReat vid and I remember seeing them on that wreck very soon after it was sunk!
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Ali Perkins » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:15 pm

They colonised quick and are still spreading. I sure do love them! :-)
Ali Perkins
U/W Photographic genius

Return to Haere mai!