Welcome dynamo!

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum! Please introduce yourself to us!
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE MOST FORUMS.

Welcome dynamo!

Postby DiveDiva » Tue May 22, 2007 9:00 pm

To SDNZ!!!!

Enjoy surfing the forums and remember to tell us a bit about yourself!

DD
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby Xman » Tue May 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Welcome aboard. Make yourself at home.
ImageXman
Forum Moderator
Xman

Postby dynamo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome - please excuse my tardy reply.

I got my OW back in 1984 when it was still under CMAS? and not PADI, then spent a few years and a few hundred dives before getting my Divemaster in 1995. Was soon put off by the lack of professionalism with PADI and what I perceived as the emphasis on moneymaking.

Have only recently got back into scuba as I have been concentrating more on spearfishing in recent years.

I had a friend over from the UK who was awestruck by the fish he could see at Goat Island so took him out to the Knights for a snorkel.
I got bugged by the crew why I wasn't diving and it kind of grated on me.
Free diving I feel so unencumbered, like the challenge, can often cover a lot of ground, get closer to the fish and comfortably spend a long time in the water but knew that on some level I was missing out.

Fast forward a few weeks later and the reluctant sale of my trusty mtb enabled me to upgrade my 80's gear for some fresh purchases via the net... and some LDS.

Been diving fairly religiously over the last few months, mainly out from Leigh on club dives and out to whatevers going with Goat Is Dive & Apollo.

In the few months I've had some truly awesome dives, orcas buzz me when at the Outpost, 30 m visibility at the Hen & Chicks with huge schools of snapper swimming thru the currents, a few bugs and a couple of interesting boat rides. Some interesting ista buddies.
It's been interesting to see the developments that have happened in the dive industry while I have had my hiatus. Some good , some bad.

Well that's me.

Thanks for putting up a great forum and I look forward to reading more of the many informative & interesting posts.
dynamo

Postby DiveDiva » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks Dynamo and it was great to meet you last night :D

DD
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby dynamo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am

Likewise DiveDiva, nice to put a person to the name.
Great talk, nice to see someone so passionate about their work.
dynamo

Return to Haere mai!