Advice needed!!!

Got something to say but don't know where to put it? Post it here!!

Advice needed!!!

Postby Matthew1984 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:31 am

I need a new diving watch that is suitable to wear everyday as well. Does anybody have suggestions?
Matthew1984

Re: Advice needed!!!

Postby schulace123 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 am

I have the freestyle hammerhead chorono Xl...I wear it all the time when I am not diving
schulace123

Postby divepirate » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 am

I have the Chris Benz Watches for sale at 'the dive pirate.

I have been wearing one of them for the past 12 months and I have found it to be the best watch I have owned.
I can be a little rough on watches, however the quality is excellent and they are almost 'bombproof'.

As I wear it everyday, it is good to know that the lens quality is also good, and in over 12 months of 'treatment' the watch is looking like new without a scratch on the lens.

http://www.divepirate.co.nz/diveshop/in ... tches.html
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Phantom Menace » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm

I have a 20+ yr old Seiko Quartz Divers 200m that is still going strong.

I have literally worn it every day for over 20 yrs. It has been through several straps (rubber) and battery changes every couple of years and still looks good (despite being smashed into rocks etc.). It wasn't cheap when I purchased it at $750 in 1992 money but I would say I have got my moneys worth from it.
Phantom Menace

Postby Matthew1984 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't mind having to spend a lot if I know it's going to last. I've tried doing some research myself but it's difficult to know what's going to be worth spending money on. I've had a look online and found a website selling watches, http://www.chrono24.co.nz has anybody used this site? I don't shop online a lot so if anyone has used this site before it would be good to know.
Matthew1984

Postby Cameron_R » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 am

Do you want a watch that is also a dive computer? Or just a watch?
Cameron_R

Postby divepirate » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am

I try to steer clear of watch / computers.
It can be a bit of a pain with batteries and charging, due to the extra function for the dive computer.

I dive with both Computer and watch, I did have a computer watch but it got damaged while I was doing some building work.
It is a bit heartbreaking to throw away your 1500.00 dive computer
:-(
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Return to All Things Diving