Coroner's Reports on Diving Accidents

Got something to say but don't know where to put it? Post it here!!

Coroner's Reports on Diving Accidents

Postby Mykl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:00 am

While trolling through the internet the other day I somehow managed to find a Coroner's Report on a diving fatality that occured on Great Barrier Island back in January 2011. At the end of it the Coroner listed a whole bunch of organisations that the report was going to be sent to in order to allow divers to be informed of the recommendations. One of the organisations listed was NZUA. I have searched through the various pages of the NZUA website looking for this and other Coroner's Reports but can't seem to find any. Am I looking in the wrong places? It seems to me that the NZUA website would be an ideal place to store these reports for the reference of other divers, or is it considered too 'goulish' to be looking at such documents. I know from the odd Coroner's Reports that I have read on diving deaths, that some of the recommendations can be bizarre given the evidence presented, however there are lessons to be learned and I have modified some of my diving practices after reading their recommendations.
Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal disease
Mykl

Re: Coroner's Reports on Diving Accidents

Postby rambaldi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Some of the older reports have been available via New Zealand Dive (http://www.divenewzealand.com/index.asp ... nt+Reports) but that doesn't look to have been updated recently.
rambaldi

Postby ChuckyBob » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm

.Post removed.
ChuckyBob

Postby divepirate » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm

I will discuss the details at the next NZUA Board Meeting.
In the meantime if there is specific info you would like to know, send me a PM and I will talk to the office and see what is available.

Specific details of the person(s) involved in any incident will always remain confidential for the respect of the person(s) involved and their family.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Return to All Things Diving