NZ going.. going...

What...we have lives outside diving!

Re: NZ going.. going...

Postby gingerninja » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 am

binklebonk wrote:
somethin fishy wrote:Yeah I agree, that’s one reason I actually like MMP. It stifles the ability to make unilateral significant changes. Imagine what more damage Aunty Helen could have done if she was let loose for all those years in a non minority government.
I'm not saying I disagree with you. But I am curious to know what damage you are referring to. I can't think of anything offhand but then that may be due to it not having affected me?

You're not affected by the economy?

We all know by now that you are obviously a labour campaigner, but some of us actually prefer a government that can count and is interested in growing the economy rather than making frivolous laws to try and make us all dependent on a nanny state. And at last count there are more of us than you!
Willie Apiata is the reason why Osama is hiding.
gingerninja

Postby Drip » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Things must be pretty bad over there considering there are more Kiwi's moving across the ditch.

http://lifeinaustralia.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/kiwi-migration-continues/

You guys don't know what you are getting yourselves into. Haven't you heard the words by This Is Serious Mum (T.I.S.M)

http://lyrics.wikia.com/TISM:The_History_of_Western_Civilization

Who are TISM?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1nKZqeJNhk

No-one now. Thanks to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they have now had to re-organise themselves as ROOTS now.
Drip

Postby Drip » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Then you guys must sing the National Athem of Australia :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr67Jp2Ylx0&feature=related
Drip

Postby binklebonk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:44 pm

gingerninja wrote:
binklebonk wrote:
somethin fishy wrote:Yeah I agree, that’s one reason I actually like MMP. It stifles the ability to make unilateral significant changes. Imagine what more damage Aunty Helen could have done if she was let loose for all those years in a non minority government.
I'm not saying I disagree with you. But I am curious to know what damage you are referring to. I can't think of anything offhand but then that may be due to it not having affected me?

You're not affected by the economy?

We all know by now that you are obviously a labour campaigner, but some of us actually prefer a government that can count and is interested in growing the economy rather than making frivolous laws to try and make us all dependent on a nanny state. And at last count there are more of us than you!

Well you assume I'm a Labour campaigner and fair enough but you are wrong. I vote for whoever I feel is presenting a set of policies I agree with and has a track record that instills a level of trust that they'll carry out what they say. So by those criteria I may have to stop voting ... :wink:

Can you answer me some questions GN.

1, What do you do for a job?
2, How has the previous Labour government/s restricted your wealth? (not only in monetary terms)
3, What does the term "Nanny state" mean to you?
4, Do you think folk that you don't know and may never know deserve help if their circumstances (Family they're born into?) put them in a position of disadvantage.
5, Can you give me an example of a "frivolous law designed to make us dependant on the "Nanny state"?

From your use of the term "Nanny state" I assume you must be in a job that desires as low a level of government regulation as possible.
binklebonk

Postby ScubaDog » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:03 pm

binklebonk wrote:
ScubaDog wrote:woof ... woof, woof ... woof, woof, woof ..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Those flight delays finally got to you huh??

Yep been cooling my fins in Cardiff and London for the last 2 weeks, was supposed to be in Spain for work and cave diving :-(. Just about to get on a plane to Holland for the week, then finally home LATE for my course :-(
ScubaDog

Postby binklebonk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

gingerninja wrote:We all know by now that you are obviously a labour campaigner, but some of us actually prefer a government that can count and is interested in growing the economy rather than making frivolous laws to try and make us all dependent on a nanny state. And at last count there are more of us than you!

C'mon still waiting for a reply to my questions.. Or was this just empty rhetoric?
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Are you still waiting Bink?
ChuckyBob

Postby divemaster » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:37 pm

I came across the following website while I was trying to figure out what happened to the ministry of works.

http://www.nzsucks.com

My two cents, seems I wasn't the only one thinking I was a taxpayer being screwed for the profit of the wealthy.
divemaster

Postby divemaster » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Oops, can't use the 2cents phrase anymore, the wise abolished them, and rounded up...
divemaster

Postby binklebonk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm

ChuckyBob wrote:Are you still waiting Bink?

No I expect nothing from libertarians. Least of all answers to direct questions.
binklebonk

Postby binklebonk » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 pm

divemaster wrote:I came across the following website while I was trying to figure out what happened to the ministry of works.

http://www.nzsucks.com

Hmmm seems a thinly disguised attempt at fomenting anti immigration and anti treaty sentiment to me.

After visiting my mother in hospital, who was suffering from an illness that was a direct result of not being able to get a preventative medicine because she was not of either maori or pacific island descent, I realised that we as a nation have become racist.

The author of the site seems to be less interested in understanding the reasons behind Public Health decisions ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology ) than he is in providing bias affirming anecdotes.

Sure we have some messed up things occurring in NZ, but websites like this do nothing but reaffirm misconceptions.
binklebonk

Previous

Return to For other topics of discussion