Lights out... Night Dive lighting enquiry begins

For general discussion about buying gear, configuration and those necessary diving accessories.

Re: Lights out... Night Dive lighting enquiry begins

Postby monty142 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi,not knowing to much about the w200 seems to be my biggest problem but i think i just need the led bit that has got wet just to restore to the original torch ,i dont do wreck dives or night dives yet i just take a torch along for spotting the odd crayfish . i live in northland great place but not to good for getting things fixed or getting parts ,great site so much to learn cheers.
monty142

Postby monty142 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:47 pm

looking at these w200 mine is the long on also the reflector has now gone a redish colour i think that must be stuffed.
monty142

Postby ChuckyBob » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:24 pm

I would guess you would need a new LED module ( this can be pulled out the end of the head) and a new reflector and of course a new set of O rings.
The rest is pretty much salt water resistant. Perhaps clean up the aluminium battery tube and tail spring in a 50/50 vinegar water mix.

Of course it should still be under warranty if brought in NZ. Where did you get it?
ChuckyBob

Postby monty142 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi i thought it would be under warranty but the person i bought it from on trade me doesn't want to know about it ,it was bought new i got the ten day return bollock's when i contacted them ,now i don't know if it's worth fixing or were to get parts ,thanks for your reply.cheers
monty142

Postby monty142 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Huge thanks to chucky bob for getting me up & going again with a great torch , ive had three dives with it( awesome). One thing i have learnt i will not buy a torch of trademe with out finding out about warranties & the dealer . I'm off for a dive now Cheers Bob.
monty142

Postby ChuckyBob » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm

No Worries Monty.

I guess its hard for the TM seller because they can never guarantee that the buyer will follow correct protocol when using the light.
EG its important to check the Orings and keep them lubed ( shiny not slimy) and free of sand and hair etc.
Im not saying this was the cause of your flood though, truth is I couldnt tell.
BUT the stock O rings on the W200 are pretty crap and it would not surprise me at all that that was the issue.
Anyway you now have a new light with new quality O rings so you should be set.
ChuckyBob

Previous

Return to Dive Equipment