P valve

For general discussion about buying gear, configuration and those necessary diving accessories.

Re: P valve

Postby ChuckyBob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 am

This is where I got the hose from. there is reinforced hose there but its OD is quite large and I figured this could be more of an issue.
ChuckyBob

Postby binklebonk » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 am

I could be very wrong but as long as you have the right length of hose and routed it thoughtfully, I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to kink it shut..
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am

I started on this P valve a several months ago but never finished it.
Off to the Lermi in a few days and I want to take my backup drysuit just in case so I thought I better add a P valve.

Very simple design that uses an Apeks cuff dump. There is no valve to open or close and no bolt to lose.

Currently its unbalanced but easy enough to add a T piece and check valve ( if I can find one small enough) or a duckbill check vale in the main body if I can source one. But to be honest Im not convince balanced is really required.

If anyone wants one of these and has a cuff dump sitting around let me know.

ChuckyBob

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 am

ChuckyBob wrote:If anyone wants one of these and has a cuff dump sitting around let me know.

Have you thought about using a shoulder auto-dump? Some people might need higher flow rates and it would give the option to shut closed.... :lol:

Joking aside, that's probably one of the lowest profile p-valves I've seen. It's not dissimilar to the Dive Rite ones - that have no lock nut etc.
Andy
Serial Poster

Previous

Return to Dive Equipment